PDA

View Full Version : Best Cylinder Head and Piston

Iliketogofast
07-04-2005, 11:42 AM
What's the best piston and head/dome to go with for a 250R? Rebuilding, wanna get the best. Right now it's Cool Head and Wiseco, but I'm thinking about ESR Head and JE pistons. Will thye even make a difference from stock? Thanks!

greg_gorrell
07-06-2005, 09:08 AM
never seen one in action but those duncan pc2000 heads look pretty sweet.

wilkin250r
07-08-2005, 06:34 PM
Me personally, I like the Pro-X pistons. The cast pistons seem to do a little better than the forged pistons in the 2-strokes.

As for "best", that's really tough to say. I don't think you're going to see a huge difference between any brands, they're all the same basic design. The Cool Head is probably the most common.

Whatever you decide, I suggest you get it all from the same company, and get some good professional advice. You want components that are tested to work well together, rather than piecewise from this and that. Not all domes work well with all porting specs. I would suggest getting your cylinder ported and a dome from somebody that knows what they're doing, and can tell you what will work best together.

Iliketogofast
07-09-2005, 05:01 AM
Thanks guys :D

ghak99
07-09-2005, 11:25 AM
Complete ESR motors flat scream, you might want to give him a call. He makes all kinds of kits for just about every kind of racing and riding.

rodenberg35
07-10-2005, 10:33 AM
if you wanna do it right you need to go with a complete esr set up. cylnder, pipe, carb, & reeds. In my opion the esr motors are the fastest most reliable 2 stroke motor made. that is you dont wanna send you motor of for a 3 or 4 month rebuild at a proffesional race shop