PDA

View Full Version : Broad River ATV

kreed5821
07-03-2005, 08:48 PM
This place is twelve miles from Elberton, GA and is just getting started. They already have over fifty miles of trails and have added some since that count. They have the friendliest staff of anywhere I've ever been and really go out of their way to make sure you have a good time. I've been twice and am going again tomorrow with some of my family (wife, son-4yrs old, and brother). The first time I went, they ordered out pizzas for everyone and supplied all the drinks ya wanted. The second time, they bbq'd ribs, burgers, and dogs, and again all the drinks. I have never paid more than the $25 per day fee. I don't know how long they'll continue to feed everyone for free, but I like it! The last time I went, I got to the window to pay and sign the waiver and they gave me a flyer to fill out- name, email, etc. and then got $5 off the admission.

They have several small jumps on the trails and lots of switchbacks and fast trails. They are planning on adding mx tracks and are making a place to pressure wash your quad if you want to. They have new cabins for rent at $75/night and they sleep six.

For all of ya'll mudders, they welcome you. They have many, many dug out mud holes and one or two pits maybe 40 or 50 yards long.

This place is growing frantically! Mainly because of how they treat their guests. They are sure to ask you what you think of them and what you would like to see more of.

Best of all: THEY LOVE QUADS!!! They welcome everyone and will not say otherwise behind your back! They told me that they won't complain about quads destroying trails because "that's what you pay the $25 for... trail maintenance". Go, I promise you will not be disappointed. Ask anyone with the GA ATV Riders Assn (Possum Patrol). I met some of them there two weeks ago.
www.broadriveratv.com

The only people that I have seen not satisfied there were some people who didn't want to wear helmets and wanted to drink alcohol on the trails. Everyone else I know of loves it there.
Sorry for the long post.

kreed5821
07-06-2005, 03:03 PM
They've probably gotten well over sixty miles of trails now. They've added a cement pad with a pressure washer to clean up when you're finished riding. They've also added jumps and hill climb trails. This place gets better every week! There are countless mudholes like the one shown here. Some trails are nearly constant mud bogs. But there are trails to bypass those holes and the main loop (maybe 19 or12 miles long) is wide open and fast. Sport quads will like Broad River as much as mudders will.

luvmyex
07-06-2005, 03:56 PM
sounds sweet! where is elberton close to? Would it be worth the ride from nc? If ya have any more pics post em.

kreed5821
07-06-2005, 04:05 PM
Where do you live in NC? Depends on how far from GA you are. If you know where Helen, GA is,(I live near Helen and Clarkesville) follow hwy 17 South all the way to Elberton. Elberton is probably about 75 miles or so from the GA/SC line on I-85. If you've got a map (or use mapquest) Elberton is east of Atlanta. Let me know if you decide to go, and I'll try to meet you up this way and you can follow me down.

kreed5821
07-06-2005, 08:09 PM
I misunderstood your question. It is definitely worth the drive from NC. I think Broad River will soon be the best place to ride in GA if it isn't already. When they get the mx tracks done, it'll be for sure the best!

luvmyex
07-07-2005, 06:30 PM
Takes about 5 hrs to atlanta. May have to make a weekedn trip this fall.

kreed5821
07-07-2005, 06:36 PM
If it takes you five to Atlanta, it'll probably take about three and a half or so. Visit their site for directions or tell me where you'll cross into GA and I'll help. You won't regret going, but it is too far to drive often. If you know ahead of time, e-mail me and I'll meet you there if ya like.

crazedape
07-30-2006, 05:02 PM
Does anybody have better directions than mapquest can offer. I will be coming out of Buford (Close to the Mall of Georgia). I just need directions after getting on 316 going towards Athens.

ryann mx68
07-30-2006, 05:34 PM
316 to 78, then follow directions on their website.

thats how i went anyways, no problems

crazedape
07-30-2006, 05:59 PM
only part I am confused on, when I get off the exit ramp do I head out of athens or turn towards athens.

kreed5821
08-01-2006, 07:08 PM
You should go past Athens. Hwy 77 goes between Lexington and Elberton. Follow it north from Lexington and make a right onto Saxon-Mattox Rd. I doubt that answers your question but if you follow a map to Lexington you can find hwy 77 pretty easy. While on hwy 77 north, look for Goosepond Creek. Saxon Mattox Rd is about half a mile or so past it. If you get to Broad River (two fairly large bridges close together), you went too far.