PDA

View Full Version : Went and saw an air show today

YFZ450Ridr
07-03-2005, 04:08 PM
today my dad and I went down to the VP fair here in down town st. louis and there are like all kinds of those blow up kids rides stage where that girl raven and the black eyed peas performed last night. well all 3 days there is an air show and we went and saw the one today. there were only 3 planes they came, we didnt catch the good one in the morning. but there was a harrier(sp?) an f18 and something else i forget. but even though thre were 3 planes it was really cool. the harrier came right over the mississippi river and hovered there for a good 5-10 minutes. you could see the pulses from his exhaust in the water and it looked awesome. the best part is that they were maby at half throttle and they all came from behind us and were out in front of us a couple hunderd feet before we even herd them. i cant only imagine these guys going full speed. theyd be outa site before you even hear them. any one else have any kind of fairs or festivals going on for the 4th?

07-03-2005, 08:00 PM
We live out side of london (ont) and the planes were flying around and then you finnal hear them it was soo kool. Oh ya and there was crop dusting over our feilds so i was standing on the road takieng pics and he was going right over me it was really loud and was really cool.

Scott-300ex
07-03-2005, 08:15 PM
i got a show just like that by me

cuz i live by you

yeah man, have you ever seen a video of those guys flyin them, all they do up there is feel g-forces, they grunt and scream the whole time cuz it hurts them like hell, thier stomachs, all you hear is "UUUUHHHHHHHHHH, AHHHHHHHHHHH, ARRRRRRR, UHHHHHHHHH!!!"

its amazing

dang it james now i wanna go and see the show

YFZ450Ridr
07-03-2005, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
i got a show just like that by me

cuz i live by you

yeah man, have you ever seen a video of those guys flyin them, all they do up there is feel g-forces, they grunt and scream the whole time cuz it hurts them like hell, thier stomachs, all you hear is "UUUUHHHHHHHHHH, AHHHHHHHHHHH, ARRRRRRR, UHHHHHHHHH!!!"

its amazing

dang it james now i wanna go and see the show

one tomorrow. one at 11, 3:30, and 6. not positive on the times but im pretty sure. its worth it man, the harrier is awesome how it can just hover there.

2002400ex
07-03-2005, 11:29 PM
The beach where the Blue Angels fly is like a hour away from where i live. It is awesome to go watch them.

bulkdriverlp
07-04-2005, 11:32 AM
air shows are great, ive seen the blue angels couple times. in oscoda mi, there used to be a SAC- strategic air command usaf base but it got shut down years ago, now its just businesses and housing:p

400ex28
07-04-2005, 11:41 AM
Ive seen the blue angels a few times too, there awsome.

07-04-2005, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by 400ex28
Ive seen the blue angels a few times too, there awsome.

ive done a blue angel:p