PDA

View Full Version : question

400exrida06
07-02-2005, 06:09 PM
I was riding my quad tonight and when i turned left its like the rear brakes were grabbing and i couldnt get it do move but they let off, so i took it up to the shop and lifted the back end up and tried turning the tires and they will turn a little then just stop, but if you turn the wheels backwards they will go a little but there very hard to turn the wheels.

400exrida06
07-02-2005, 08:12 PM
I went back outstide tongiht and took the rear brakes off so its not them grabbing so im thinking it might be my bearings, but when i bought the quad the guy said he changed them about a year ago.

watts16
07-02-2005, 09:02 PM
its probalby the bearings a year on a set of bearing is a long time especially if you ride in mud and water.

400exrida06
07-03-2005, 09:56 AM
Ya I was thinking it was the bearings to. Are they hard to replace doing it yourself, because a buddy of mine took his 400 in a week ago to a honda dealership around here and they charged him $520. Thats Canadian but i thought that was quite a bit of money, i think im going to order bearings out of the royal distributing, what would be better, because in this book you can order a swing arm bearing kit which comes with everything for 68.95 or should i just order the axle carrier right and left along with the seals? Thanks

greg_gorrell
07-05-2005, 01:16 AM
i bought a rad tapered carrier for mine. a lot of people say they are junk and there was a pretty good post on what the difference between those and double row carriers but i have a lifetime warranty on it and my bears have lasted for about 2 seasons now so im pretty happy with it.

400exrida06
07-10-2005, 07:10 PM
im having trouble getting the axle off because i cant get the one nut thing to loosen all the way