PDA

View Full Version : need help with jetting 426 asap

400exmkt
07-02-2005, 04:47 PM
I took my 400ex out last weekend and it ran fine. It had just got the 426 kit with ported and polished heads hmf s/o,we keep the 165 main in for the week end and decided to go up from there. i dont know the elevation out here but i am in east texas so its not that high i would guess bellow 1000 ft. Then i took it back and took the choke out of it and put in a 42 pilot and started to go up on the main to see if we could get any more out of it. we jumped to a 180 a it ran just fine wide open but once you started to ease up on the gas it starts to jump like it was running out of gas. so then we started to go down to a 175 it still does it but not as bad. The needle is on the 2nd clip from bottom and the screw is 3 and a half turns out. So i need to know what it could be. what should the jetting be with the modds listed below and above. does taking the chokeout mess with the jetting that bad or should i just keep the 165. any help would be appreciated.

plkmonster2
07-02-2005, 05:06 PM
Your needle sounds right. I would try a 168 main. Oh yeah, check your plug. If it is black, do the 168.