PDA

View Full Version : made a stupid mistake!

nowukno
07-02-2005, 04:23 PM
I figured i would share this story with everyone , even though i feel like a dumbass. I went to the wagon wheel in west virginia this morning by myself with my 450r since all my friends bailed on me but i was supposed to meet some people from here there at 10:30 but i was running late and didn't get there until about 11:30. But anyways i rode up and down the stair steps hill climb a couple times and then rode down the road a little. I then stopped to buy something to drink , when i stopped there was oil pouring out of my engine , at first i thought i had hit something and it had a hole but the drain bolt had fell out but it couldn't had been out long since there was a big puddle of oil under my quad and it only holds 1 quart. I looked for atleast 45 minutes for the bolt but no luck. During all of this i was saying to myself "WTF , how did the bolt come loose" but then i started remembering my last oil change , after i put the drain bolt in hand tight i remember looking around the garage for the socket wrench i had just used but misplaced , but while i was looking my girlfriend yelled at me and said that i had a phone call , i went and took the call and guess what happended , i forgot to get the socket wrench and tighten the drain bolt. I filled her with oil and didn't even think about it until i was walking around looking for the bolt this morning. But anyways , i had someone pull me back to my truck where i loaded up and went to every little store within 25 miles and nobody had one that would fit. So i said screw it and came back home and stopped by Lowes and picked up a new bolt which is 8mm thread and 20mm length by the way and then i came home and put the bolt in and tightend it then filled her up with oil and she ran fine. I actually feel lucky that i stopped when i did and my engine didn't lock up. But im also pissed that i was so stupid , got there late and that i didn't get to ride hardly any , sorry that the story is so long , i was bored and thought i would share.

hardkoratvmxr
07-02-2005, 04:27 PM
u got very lucky

nex time tell her to hold her panties form gettin in a bunch /// j/p

nowukno
07-02-2005, 04:44 PM
I blame myself , not her.

Scott-300ex
07-02-2005, 04:48 PM
man that sucks

im glad you told us cuz i am bored and that occupied me for 3 minutes

better luck next time:D

07-02-2005, 05:15 PM
thats a honda...she ran like a champ WITH NO OIL!!! try doing that on a yamihaha lol j/k

nowukno
07-02-2005, 09:45 PM
bump.....

Punk'd
07-02-2005, 10:34 PM
Man that would suck. I hate that feeling when you know you f'ed up. Glad everythings fine man:)

400exrules
07-02-2005, 10:59 PM
ohhh that coulda gone real bad real fast....be glad you noticed it

nowukno
07-02-2005, 10:59 PM
Yeah it really sucked since i was 2 hours away from home and i came by myself but luckaly someone was willing to pull me to my truck which was about 2 miles away.

yoshimurakfx400
07-02-2005, 11:04 PM
ur lucky...