PDA

View Full Version : trying to cut out

05-29-2002, 01:54 PM
This past sunday I went riding! (first time in about 4 months)
Anywho, this is what happened.....well the first that that went wrong was that i noticed oil leaking out of the bottom of the oil filter cover.....well, i touched one of the bolts and it just fell off....not a problem, we had a spare and put it in and it stopped leaking oil......after that, i noticed that my 300EX kept wanting to die....didn't matter if I was on the trottle or just easing along. Then it died......it would not crank unless it was pulled off....and then it would only run for a short while. Does anyone have any ideas what could cause this problem? I haven't gotten a chance to take a look at it yet, But was just wondering what a good starting point would be. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Ande a.k.a. EXer1995

"BLAHH"300!!
05-29-2002, 03:45 PM
.....whats up man....

have you tried looking in the carb for trash? 4 month's is a good while to let it set. and if i'm right your's is about as old as mine right? i don't think that oil cover bolt has anyhting to do with it, unless you leaked all the oil out, and forgot the refill it. even then it wouldn't run, then die, run again, and die again. it would just quite running all at once...kapoot...
take your carb off. get some carb cleaner see what happens.

crashinmatt
05-29-2002, 08:13 PM
how old is the gas? if its 4 months that wouldnt help the matter.

05-30-2002, 01:29 PM
The gas in it was brand new. I have been riding it around my house in my yard and stuff before I went riding. It hasn't set up for 4 months. I am going to work on it this weekend. I'll keep everyone posted on what is going on with it.
Thanks for the advice guys!

Thanks
Ande a.k.a. Exer1995

06-10-2002, 03:14 PM
I started out simple and changed the plug and now it runs fine.

So it was just the spark plug.

06-10-2002, 05:52 PM
thats good