PDA

View Full Version : +1 1/4 swingarm

underpowered
07-02-2005, 02:34 PM
I am getting a +1.25 swingarm for my 400. How much of a difference will the make as far as using the stock shock. I dont have enough money to get the shock revalved right now but need the swingarm asap. How soft will my suspension be. I am about a 140# rider, will it be ok to run for a while? Should i buy a new shock when i get the money or just have this one revaled and a daul spring kit put on?

bigballz400
07-02-2005, 10:19 PM
ur rear end will sit lower if u use the stock shock

Quadworks
07-03-2005, 07:25 AM
Go ahead install it. The rear will be a bit softer but unless you do some big jumps it should be alright for now. Definatly keep the stock shock and have someone revalve it and set it up for your weight and such. This route is cheaper and just as good as say an elka. I am going on 2 years on my +4 swinger with the factory shock, but I don't do no jumps just fast trail riding. Good luck.

400exrider707
07-03-2005, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Quadworks
Go ahead install it. The rear will be a bit softer but unless you do some big jumps it should be alright for now. Definatly keep the stock shock and have someone revalve it and set it up for your weight and such. This route is cheaper and just as good as say an elka. I am going on 2 years on my +4 swinger with the factory shock, but I don't do no jumps just fast trail riding. Good luck.

Well you were right it will be cheaper to go that route but it still wont be AS good as say an elka. It will be a LOT better than stock though.

Quadworks
07-03-2005, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
but it still wont be AS good as say an elka.

Do some searches. People are saying if you get say an elka conversion done to your 400ex rear shock it is just as good as one of the units. Without paying the big money.

400exrider707
07-03-2005, 10:08 AM
I know I have one and its NOT as good! But it is the way to go if you are a budget oriented racer, and it is infinitely better than stock.