PDA

View Full Version : Rifle scope help

400exrules
07-02-2005, 12:36 PM
I have a tasco 3x-9x scope on my .22 and my moms f*ckin fatazz cat chewed the elastic strings on the lens covers that are connected at the front and back of the scope holding the lens covers on. So now im gonna have to get a new lens cover cuz i dont want this thing gettin all scratched up.
I cant find anything like the one that came with my tasco, all i have found are these flip up lens cover caps, but i dont know which ones would fit my scope. They have measurements on them, but i dont know what im supposed to measure, to find the correct size......can someone help

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31714&item=7151668485&tc=photo

DeerNuts
07-02-2005, 01:34 PM
I may be wrong, but I think that "O.D 1.4'-1.49" " means the outside diameter on the one end (the end you look through) is 1.4 and the other is 1.49. But I am not sure. However, if that is so, then measure the diameter on the outside of the scope from end to end to get your measurement.
But again, Ive never ordered scope covers before, so this is just my best guess.

PS> shoot the fat *** cat once you get your covers!!!:scary:

LTandRaptorider
07-02-2005, 02:54 PM
Can't you buy covers going by the objective lense size for it? 40mm for example, or you don't have this info on your scope?

and yes, shoot the cat! Tape a plastic pop bottle over the end of the barrel, get about half dozen quiet shots out of it... ;)

400exrules
07-02-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Can't you buy covers going by the objective lense size for it? 40mm for example, or you don't have this info on your scope?

and yes, shoot the cat! Tape a plastic pop bottle over the end of the barrel, get about half dozen quiet shots out of it... ;)

i think its a 50mm, but i cant remember, cuz i was looking at two scopes when i got this one, a 40mm and a 50mm, and i cant remember which one i got.

but yah, the cat is scared to come in my room when im in their, but aparently hes not scared to chew on my stuff when im not in their........i told my mom the next time he comes in my room im gonna kick him in the face, and she freaked out

LTandRaptorider
07-02-2005, 04:46 PM
My guess on that 3x9 Tasco would be it's a 40mm... You can also get some stretch cord like what is used on the covers at a fabric store.

Do you have a metric ruler laying around? Measure the objective lense diameter with it.

DeerNuts
07-02-2005, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
My guess on that 3x9 Tasco would be it's a 40mm...

yep, I agree. Its almost certainly 40mm and not 50mm.

rodenberg35
07-02-2005, 10:17 PM
a 50mm on a .22 that would be funny. you dont ned the dang covers on it anyway its just a .22 it aint worth shooten at ****. if you realy gotta have em I'll mail yo a set I take all mine and thow'em in a box or you could duck tape them

urb'nyouthfilms
07-02-2005, 11:00 PM
just take the scope into the place where you buy the caps, i work at a gander mountain and people do it all the time to see which ones fit.

400exrules
07-02-2005, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by rodenberg35
a 50mm on a .22 that would be funny. you dont ned the dang covers on it anyway its just a .22 it aint worth shooten at ****. if you realy gotta have em I'll mail yo a set I take all mine and thow'em in a box or you could duck tape them

i know its just a .22 but their still fun, and im just real protective over all my stuff, especially the stuff i pay for