PDA

View Full Version : Totaled the new truck yesterday...

Lurch
07-02-2005, 05:59 AM
Well, I was heading to lunch yestertday at 2:40pm and a lady pulled out in front of me. I was goin 45 or 50 and had less than 10' to stop.....and didn't make it. I plowd into her Rodeo full bore! Now my new Chevy Silverado 1500 Crew cab (that I just made my 3rd payment on) is totaled and I have a broken left arm. :angry:

The Mojave rebuild is now on hold again! :angry:

:cuss:

FreekShow
07-02-2005, 06:44 AM
Man Lurch that sucks ***. Did the cops show up?

By the way where the hell you been? Glad your back.

jeffdunn
07-02-2005, 07:12 AM
pictures :macho

chucked
07-02-2005, 07:20 AM
SUE SUE SUE!!!! There's one way to finish your rebuild for free.

jeffdunn
07-02-2005, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by chucked
SUE SUE SUE!!!! There's one way to finish your rebuild for free.

i really hope your kidding :rolleyes:

Killa250ex
07-02-2005, 08:42 AM
Yeah dude, thats chitty, lets see sum pics of what happened

Mxjunkie
07-02-2005, 08:53 AM
Same thing happened to my dad, we JUST finished our pro-street s-10 the damn thing was BRIGHT yellow, and the ladie said she never saw it :confused: It totaled the whole side of the truck almost killed the 454 we had in it, my dad was PISSED.

People think they can pull out at the last second its bs :ermm:

HondaEXrider22
07-02-2005, 08:56 AM
Wow thats sucks ***. Hope everything works out.

TheFontMaster
07-02-2005, 09:39 AM
Well the inshurance from the lady in the rodeo should have to pay for all the damages to your truck, it was clearly her fault, you shouldn't have a problem prooving that. Also something that is not commonly know is that her inshurance is also required to pay for a rental car for you untill yout truck is fixed, or you get a new one. It should also pay for your arm.

chucked
07-02-2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by jeffdunn
i really hope your kidding :rolleyes:

you must have never been in a car accident before :rolleyes:

watts16
07-02-2005, 09:57 AM
yeah my aunt got in a motorcycle accident
they used the blinker and everything. they live in the country and the car was going to pass them and they turned into the driveway and both my cousins saw the whole thing. my aunt ankle almost got sheared off and she broke the windshield w/ head head. she sued and she got the money she deserved. She had to have one of those braces that have the circle on the outside and pins going through her leg. o this happened 4 years ago and she is just now able to walk w/out crutches

chucked
07-02-2005, 09:58 AM
Whats gonna happen is, they will pay off the truck, then pay for your medical bills and time out of work. What usually happens is this wonderful thing called personal injury compensation, what happens is, they pay you i think double what your medical bills were. I was in a car accident and racked up about a grand in medical bills (remember this only works when its not your fault) They signed me a check for 2 grand, what this does, is keeps your from sueing the insurance company. You can sue and get more, but that involves a lawyer and about 2 years, nonetheless it still takes about 6 months for them to finally compensate you for you time out of work, medical bills, etc.... I was happy I got the 2 grand because my truck was only worth 2 grand, which they paid for seperately, but I had a brand new motor, tires, and transmission in it. And I was too stupid to buy it back and part it out.

07-02-2005, 10:12 AM
heres somthing i learned very very early in life (seems todays youth are clueless about this one)

EVERY WRECK IS AVOIDABLE!!!!!!

no one is immune to this.. you can avoid every wreck..

Jesse

Scott-300ex
07-02-2005, 11:59 AM
Lurch are you the guy that used to be on here in like 2002 and had the most badass mojave ever? and raced it and had everything done to it

who was that guy?

Hondadudeehhhh
07-02-2005, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Dirt Merchant
heres somthing i learned very very early in life (seems todays youth are clueless about this one)

Jesse

yeah here's an idea to avoid that.... keep every retard without common sense off the road. How was he suppose to avoid some ***** pulling out in front of him? Please explain

Chino
07-02-2005, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Dirt Merchant

Jesse

Every wreck is avoidable to an extent. You cannot do anything about a car coming at you headon when there is a guardrail on one side. Unless you want to run over the hill. If everyone uses common sense when driving and doesn't think there smokey and the bandit the percentages of accidents would highly decrease. But IMO all wrecks are NOT avoidable. You can do nothing about what other drivers on the road are doing. You can only make yourself safer by driving with some good old common sense.

07-02-2005, 01:43 PM
Yes there are some accidents that you can avoid and there are some were there is no way in hell that you are goin to get out of. Like this person pulled out 10 feet in front of him im pretty sure he could not got out of way in time. I have also seen some pretty dumb accidents on the news were someone will swerve out of the way to save the little bunny rabbit and go in the ditch and smoke and tree and end up dead them selfs instead of a bunny rabbit.

Lurch
07-02-2005, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
Lurch are you the guy that used to be on here in like 2002 and had the most badass mojave ever? and raced it and had everything done to it

who was that guy?

That is me.

TheFontMaster
07-02-2005, 02:08 PM
Speaking of stupid crash stories one of the kids I go to school with was comming out of a drive way, and to avoid a dog he turned into a tree and totaled the car.

This one made the headlines in a local paper, someone fliped a car into the side of a house, and the reson for the crash was the driver was learning to drive a standard.

Scott-300ex
07-02-2005, 03:26 PM
learning to drive a manual tranny?

hahahahahaha

dumbarse

good to see you back Lurch, i've actually been wonderin what happened to you in my free time

K2Snow
07-02-2005, 07:05 PM
Every accident is avoidable in the sense that both parties use common sense. Had the lady not pulled out in front of Lurch, the accident could have been avoided. I don't think Dirt Merchant was implying that Lurch could have avoided the accident.

Oh, and I think Scott300 may have certain feelings towards you Lurch... he's already thinking about your whereabouts during his free time.

Crazy Honda
07-02-2005, 07:43 PM
Try to go down a PA road at night and have a deer run in front of you avoid that ain't gonna happen iv had those deer hit the door after the truck was stopped:eek2: Sucks about your accident get better and get that Mohave going..

born-2-race
07-02-2005, 08:45 PM
Sorry about the wreck. Hope you get the money that you deserve.

watts16
07-02-2005, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Crazy Honda
Try to go down a PA road at night and have a deer run in front of you avoid that ain't gonna happen iv had those deer hit the door after the truck was stopped:eek2: Sucks about your accident get better and get that Mohave going..

one of my dads friends got hit by a deer on a mountain bike
sry if this is off topic

enduro400rider
07-02-2005, 09:52 PM
my dad just totaled our spare car. he was goin to work at 3am and a drunk dude swerved into his lane and was headed right towrds him, so my dad locked em up and sweved off the road, the drunk driver never moved he kept on goin down the road the wrong way. as for the car luckly my dad didnt hit anything but it blew the brake lines out, it would be 200 for new lines but my dad said screw it ill just drive my regular car to work, we ended up sellin it cheap. i think it was a good thing now i wont have to drive when im 16 it was a peice of crap corsica that was pasted through my family from my grandma to my youngest sister and almost to me

Scott-300ex
07-03-2005, 12:23 AM
i was at my friends, we had a campout and i made a bonfire and we lit off fireworks.

anyway

i was comin home at midnight and im like i can see me hittin a deer, 2 seconds later i see one right on the side of the road so i come back and watch it for like 10-15 minutes, then i took off

it was cool

lol

bulkdriverlp
07-03-2005, 08:36 AM
never swerve to avoid animals, you could loose controll. just grip the wheel tight and hope for the best.:blah:

07-03-2005, 11:42 AM
And make sure you DO NOT have your thumbs on the inside of the wheel.

enduro400rider
07-03-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp
never swerve to avoid animals, you could loose controll. just grip the wheel tight and hope for the best.:blah:

haha you sound like my neighbor

5 points for a cat
8 points for a dog
15 points for a deer
2 points for rodents ect.

yeah but i know your serious about loosin control but you might as well try if its somthing big like a deer, cause if you hit that deer its goin to mess up your car, and you could get hurt so its basically the same risk you would take if you tried to swerve it. but it kinda depends on your suroundings so..

MotoX3
07-03-2005, 03:47 PM
haha funny you guys should say you should never swerve for an animal....around here everyone swerves AT the coons and oppossums...its great:p

bulkdriverlp
07-03-2005, 08:48 PM
believe it or not, statistics show you can get injured worse by swerving and rolling your vehicle than hitting something head-on, since MOST newer vehicles have air bags. just make sure you have full coverage with GAP insurance and smash the heck out of that deer. i have hit over 20 deer in the last 17 years, some vehicles ive hit 3, fixed it myself of course. good ole plpd.:blah:

Lurch
07-04-2005, 03:05 PM
Here are the pics of my trashed truck...

Driver's side:
http://www.racewebcreations.com/images/truckwreck/left.jpg

Close up:
http://www.racewebcreations.com/images/truckwreck/closeup.jpg

Front view:
http://www.racewebcreations.com/images/truckwreck/front.jpg

Here is the SUV that I hit before the power pole:
http://www.racewebcreations.com/images/truckwreck/pathfinderfront_left.jpg

07-04-2005, 03:31 PM
bummer

hondardr4life
07-04-2005, 08:15 PM
damnnnnnnn. That really sucks. That was such a nice truck too!!

chucked
07-04-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by MotoX3
haha funny you guys should say you should never swerve for an animal....around here everyone swerves AT the coons and oppossums...its great:p

That would me homocide, I guess you could plead and get it down to manslaughter.... O wait, nvm

07-04-2005, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by chucked
That would me homocide, I guess you could plead and get it down to manslaughter.... O wait, nvm hahahahahahahahahahahah