PDA

View Full Version : 89 Clutch update

Aallron
07-01-2005, 09:33 PM
I am in the process of installing the 89 clutch update on an 85 ATC250R and I am having some confusion with missing or not enough parts. I recall that on the kickstarter spidle that there should be 2 thin hardened washers, one on either side of the spacer collar... I have none.
The next question concerns the new roller thrust washer. Should there be a thin washer between the clutch cover and the thrust roller/washer or does it ride on the aluminum?

hollywood250r
07-02-2005, 10:47 AM
I know that there should be a thin washer between the pressure plate and the roller bearing on the lifter hat. You will not find the washer in most parts schematics but you will find it on the clutch schematic in the Honda manual. If you need the part number I have it and can get it for you. Let me know! As the the washers on the kick starter check the parts schematic in the honda manual for a 86 TRX motor. 85 and 86 were the same motor just a different color.

Aallron
07-03-2005, 04:33 PM
Thank You for the reply ... It appears that someone before me has left some items out. I am heading to the dealer to get the thin washer now. The picture that I have of the kick starter spindle and the clutch lifter hat assembly does not show the items either. Thanks

Aallron
07-03-2005, 06:54 PM
Ordered the two kick starter spindle washers but the parts fiche at the dealer dosnt show the thin washer between the lifter hat and the pressure plate ... If you could, please find the correct part number for me.

Thanks

hollywood250r
07-03-2005, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Aallron
Ordered the two kick starter spindle washers but the parts fiche at the dealer dosnt show the thin washer between the lifter hat and the pressure plate ... If you could, please find the correct part number for me.

Thanks

The dealer parts schematic is the same one that you will find on Service Honda's web site. It is missing the washer. You will find the washer on the clutch schematic in the Honda service manual. The Honda part number for the washer that goes between the pressure plate and bearing is 90459-360-000.