PDA

View Full Version : I need jetting help !!!!

250r rider 88
07-01-2005, 08:00 PM
Ok heres the deal went to ride my 86 250r today and it didnt want to start , checked the plug it was fouled replaced and it fired right up but ran like **** got 50 feet and it died wouldnt restart. tried different plugs all day still no go any ideas?

Its also had gas sitting in it for over a month so Im gonna put fresh gas in it tommorow

Heres my mods what jet, needle clip position and air screw turns do you think i need?

FMF Fatty exhaust, K and N filter boyesson rad valve thats it for intake im in southern indiana, my elevation above sea level is about 700-800 feet

my needle jet was on the 4th position and my main jet is a 150 the air screw is out 2 turns and my gas to oil is 32:1
i run a ngk br7es spark plug
any help would be great thanks

Aallron
07-01-2005, 09:35 PM
It sounds like the float needle and seat in the carb have gone bad.

250R_SV
06-13-2006, 10:54 PM
The correst plug for the 86 r is NGK BR8ES, turn in the carb 1 7/8 turns out. Clean your air filter and oil it again, take the carburator off, take it apart, clean it with gasoline, and then put it on again. I use 4 oz of oil for a gl on gas.
Maybe this things will help.

Scott-300ex
06-15-2006, 02:10 PM
Yes, I run a BR8ES too.

4 oz to 1 gallon is 32:1.

You can clean your carb with brake cleaner, carb cleaner, or parts cleaner, you don't have to use gas, thats just more dangerous.

And CHANGE YOUR GAS!!!!!!!!! I gaurentee thats wut it is. Gas these days around here at least will last like 2 weeks before messin and cloggin up your carb, wut I do is run it once a week just for a couple minutes if I'm not ridin it.

I use STA-BIL in my tanks too, and that stuff works.

At work we have 90% of the work is clean carbs.

So use STA-BIL, cuz I've had that sit in my 300ex for 6 months or more and it still fired right up!!!!!:macho

Also drain your bowl when you are done riding it then you won't have to worry about anything.

If your jetting was fine before its not that.

Like he said clean and oil your filter, and then new gas, and if it still don't run right, rebuild the carb.