PDA

View Full Version : what a-arms, to go with my shocks

kyleschonert
07-01-2005, 03:54 PM
hey everyone, i am now the very prud owner of some elka's w/piggybacks for my 300EX. What kind of a-arms between LSR ASR, Burgard, eye ball engenering (if they make them for mine), armadillo, and other kinds. Please list them in the order that you would buy them. like best product, to worst product. and they would need to be plus 2 also. thanks.

300ex_ryda
07-01-2005, 04:51 PM
roll design r some good ones ...im getting some soon !

drifterx
07-01-2005, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by 300ex_ryda
roll design r some good ones ...im getting some soon !

Roll Design are good, but are very expensive new...

Burguard i think is the best bang for the buck. You could get some +2's nickle plated for about $400 i think. I know pappy uses all their stuff, and swears by it too.

hardkoratvmxr
07-01-2005, 09:25 PM
get soem asrs plus 3 or burgard plus 3s

hardkoratvmxr
07-01-2005, 09:25 PM
get soem asrs plus 3 or burgard plus 3s

300ex73
07-02-2005, 06:53 AM
Stay away from ASR's. Get some Burgard +3's if you're wanting to go wide. If you're wanting quality for a good price, I'd say get the LSR's, although the Burgards aren't bad for quality either. I've just heard that their balljoints tend to break easily on their standard arms.

VT250X
07-03-2005, 07:40 AM
If you watch ebay you can pick up a set of used +2/+1 Burgard A-arms for less than $200. I got mine on thier for about $190 shipped and I am very happy with them. The handling changed drastically after I put them on even with the stock shocks. I got a set of Works dual rate's w/rezzies from a member here and that made things even that much better dispite the shocks being for standard length arms. The only thing I noticed as well as several other peope here is that they need to be coaxed into fitting. It was kinda of a pain and you really need an extra pair of hands if they are anything like mine were.

LM

FMFWarrior21
07-03-2005, 05:50 PM
Question why wouldnt you reccomend the ASR arms the only problem I can see with mine is the Heim Style joint and if your anything like me I go through clean and lube my bike every time I ride it so just get yourself some graphite lube for ASR arms and put into the Heim joints any kinda grease or oily substance will attract dirt and destroy them overall very good for the money if I had to do it all over again I prbly woulda got burgard though.

Cody_300ex
07-05-2005, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by 300ex73
Stay away from ASR's. Get some Burgard +3's if you're wanting to go wide. If you're wanting quality for a good price, I'd say get the LSR's, although the Burgards aren't bad for quality either. I've just heard that their balljoints tend to break easily on their standard arms.

I've talked to many people about them and they love them! There a little more maintince than regular a-arms but there well worth it. I will probably be getting some for my 300ex.

300ex73
07-05-2005, 09:33 AM
The thing I'm not that fond of is the heim joints at all pivot points of the a-arms. I could see using them for the upper pivots, even for use as balljoints. But I would think that getting them properly adjusted and keeping them in adjustment would be a pain. Not too mention, what happens if you strip out the threads on the arm itself. I know it's just me being picky, but oh well.

I've also heard some things about the owner and how his last business was. If people are saying they've had no trouble out of them now, then that's cool. I guess it all just really comes down to how well they handle the abuse the rider puts them through.

FMFWarrior21
07-05-2005, 10:12 AM
Ive beat the living hell out of my ASR oh yeah another complaint is the paint instead of PCing them they just paint them an it chips pretty easily thats kinda stupid but it saves us money at first until we have to get them PCed. My ASR's only use Heim joints for the balljoints the rest of the pivot points are just like a stock arm.