PDA

View Full Version : maxxis razr VS ITP holeshot

kxrider
05-29-2002, 12:32 PM
i am getting new tires and i like the holeshots look but i heard they suck, for hills, and mudd, but i also heard the razrs wear down really fast, but have better grip, wat is yalls thoughts which ones should i get

05-29-2002, 12:39 PM
In my experience the razers are better for mudand their front tires seem to handle a bit better. However they do wear down faster and have less side bite. I have never ran the new razer 2's they might be better? if you go with the holeshots trim the outside row of nobbs on the front tires this will help the handeling. I think that the holeshots get better traction on dry hard packed surfaces and are not all that bad in mud. If you get the 6-ply tires both are very puncture resistant.

Foxrage
05-29-2002, 12:55 PM
I heard the complete opposite. Razrs dont wear down as quik and holeshots are better in mud. My hole shots do well in the bud better than razrs. They are both awsome tires so matter what you get you will be happy with them.

05-29-2002, 01:03 PM
get holeshots, better name, better tire!!!

i like mine alot, i rode my cosins blaster wit razrs, and i thought they sucked, imo, but the hshots are aswome.

05-29-2002, 01:18 PM
if they are going on your 250 i would go with holeshot xcr's they are alittle shorter and narrower than the regular holeshots, and are 6 ply like the XC's but are alot lighter therefore they produce better wheel spin.

The reason that razers are better for mud is because they clean themselve out better the holeshots will pack up with mud, but i still run holeshots.

R-Crazy
05-29-2002, 07:50 PM
i love my razrs. they are bullitproof and dont wear down quik, but i have the 6 ply. just do not run street. they are awsome.

dave

AlaskaSpeed
05-30-2002, 06:46 PM
I have Holeshots and don't care for them at all. I find them to be unpredictable in corners, too much side bite if you ask me. They hook up real good, but I like the Razrs as far as being able to use the throttle to steer out of corners.....my opinion........JIM

Striker49
05-30-2002, 07:08 PM
Im not gonna type a paper here, I like my Razrs.
Razr = Light Trail Riding/Play/Racing
Razr 2 = Trail Riding/Play/Hills/etc...

cotttonwoody
05-30-2002, 07:13 PM
Get razrs. I got them on my 400 and holeshots on the banshee. Holeshots just have to much side bite. I can wip the backend around.