PDA

View Full Version : 440 with stroker crank question

Jonesy
07-01-2005, 02:23 PM
My buddy just put a 440 kit with 12.5:1 piston in his 400 and then blew the tranny and messed up the crank. He is looking for a +4 mm stoker crank. Who all makes a stroker crank for the 400's. Can he use the piston he has with out any problems?

He said he read somewhere that a spacer between the bottom end and the cylinder is required along with a custom timing chain. Is this true or just a line that he was fed so he would buy stuff he didn't need?

If he doesn't need a custom timing chain, i've read that a '02 or '03 crf450 timing chain will work and is beefier. Is this true or not?

Thanks for any help or suggestions

Jonesy

K_Fulk
07-01-2005, 03:32 PM
Powroll syas there stroker crank will work with any piston.

As for the spacer plates i've only seen that on 250r's when they went to the longer rod. That would make it real complicated on the 4 stroke.

The 02 cam chain should be fine.

crazyatvn
07-02-2005, 05:26 AM
This is the crank I got from powroll but your piston will need to have the skirted ground down. They can do it for you. I would definately not go to cheap I would get the HD rod (tough rod) I would not like to see the rod blow out and destroy more stuff. This is from the powroll web site check it out.

4.0mm STROKER WITH POWROLL ‘TOUGH ROD’

425cc with stock piston, 440cc with 87mm piston, 460cc with 89mm piston

PISTON KIT IS NOT INCLUDED WITH THIS STROKER

This stroker utilizes our super-strong ‘Tough Rod’ (with your stock pin and needle assembly).

The shorter rod allows you to utilize any 400EX piston kit (piston skirt may need to be shortened) and does not require any case or gear modifications.

INCLUDES: New Powroll Tough Rod. Stroke work done on your crank.

REQUIRES: Your crank pin and needle assembly must be good. Non-Powroll pistons will need modification to skirt. Send you crank for modification, read our General Product Info page for information on shipping cranks to us.

16092R H STROKE 400EX W TOUGH ROD -- $545.00

--SEND IN YOUR CRANK FOR MODIFICATION--
http://www.powroll.com/P_HONDA_TRX400EX.htm
http://www.powroll.com/images/P_W_16092.jpg