PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha Raptor 350 chain too tight!

Maila
07-01-2005, 12:38 PM
i finally decided to tighten my chain cause it was rubbing way too bad, and making a lot of noise. I i followed the instructions like the manual says....but it all of a sudden got real tight...and when i tried to loosen it back up it wouldnt budge. I even tried to push the tires forward as hard as i could...i pretty much have done everything thats basic to get it lose again...i tried to tighten the two adjusting bolts as much as a could to push the rear forward, but i dont wanna start strippin and bending things..

is there any tricks or hints to doing this?

any advice?

is the only way to possibly fix it is with 2 people?

ohh jeeze i need to get back in action, and this chain dilema is holdin me back...anyone? some help please...

thanks,
Maila

atvracr350
07-02-2005, 10:09 AM
First off i think that when you said you tightened the two adjusting bolts as tight as you could that is proably your problem right there. If that system is anything like the banshee you are going to want to loosin them up all the way (not take them out) and then pull the chain up and down a little it should loosin up. If not come back to me and i will go look at my friends banshee to figure it out. Hope this helped.

Kyle

bradley300
07-02-2005, 10:56 AM
its just like a banshee's. if those two bolts are al the way in, the chain is as tight as it will go.