PDA

View Full Version : Some bad ***** heel gaurds and nerfs!

cody anderson
07-01-2005, 09:13 AM
http://rathracing.com/store/index.cfm?fuseaction=page.display&page_id=18

Third pic down.

Hondadudeehhhh
07-01-2005, 10:21 AM
they're pretty nice and i always have liked rath and his products.... but $370????

FoxRacing81
07-01-2005, 10:37 AM
Woah...thats awesome!

07-01-2005, 10:37 AM
thats ugly as $h!t

JenniferRath
07-01-2005, 11:05 AM
These have been a great addition to our line up - the protection of a heelguard without having the headache of knocking your foot of the pegs-collecting dirt and restricting movement of your foot placement.

These were designed after talking to some Pro MX's riders about a product they would like to see-alot of them wanted the protection of a heelguard but hated not being able to roll their feet back as they charge through the whoops, they also didn't think the alum footpegs did a good job of holding their foot in place-so we designed these.

I did my homework before we priced them here's some of the results

1- AC pro peg with heelguard and alum footpegs around $295-$315

2- Blingstar without heelguards and alum footpegs around $295

3- IMS/Roll heelguards with added heelguards and stainless footpegs around $560 the package

So we priced ours at $379 Pro peg bolt on nerfs with stainless steel footpegs and the Phantom heelguards-

Our goal is superior product (not the cheapest) at a fair comparably price of our competitors
:) :)

cody anderson
07-01-2005, 12:33 PM
Honestley, I thought they looked a little goofy at first too. But I think that's just because we're not use to seeing them around!

I love riding with them. WAY better than my old heel gaurds.

07-01-2005, 12:57 PM
277 (27.41 posts per day) whoa, slow down yfzmxer haha

TwentyBelow131
07-01-2005, 01:00 PM
I do not like the heal gaurd design. And 370 is pricey.

07-01-2005, 01:10 PM
yea and i dont like the idea of the nets in the heel guards, i prefer full metal ones, the nets just look unsafe to me:ermm:

400exrules
07-01-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by aLLoY MX 428
yea and i dont like the idea of the nets in the heel guards, i prefer full metal ones, the nets just look unsafe to me:ermm:

yah, it might hold your foot good, but sh*t can still shoot up and hit your feet

bansheeguy77
07-01-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by JenniferRath

I did my homework before we priced them here's some of the results

1- AC pro peg with heelguard and alum footpegs around $295-$315

2- Blingstar without heelguards and alum footpegs around $295

3- IMS/Roll heelguards with added heelguards and stainless footpegs around $560 the package

So we priced ours at $379 Pro peg bolt on nerfs with stainless steel footpegs and the Phantom heelguards-

Our goal is superior product (not the cheapest) at a fair comparably price of our competitors
:) :)

it is a good idea...but you should have studied a little better about the prices. think about it....you are probably making over 200 just for the heel guards....lower it to 279, which is still pricey but i gurantee you move many many more units than you will at almost 400 a shot....

WOracing
07-01-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
yah, it might hold your foot good, but sh*t can still shoot up and hit your feet

not if your wearing riding boots...i think their pretty nasty! id buy them but i already have nerfs

APK400exRacer
07-01-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
it is a good idea...but you should have studied a little better about the prices. think about it....you are probably making over 200 just for the heel guards....lower it to 279, which is still pricey but i gurantee you move many many more units than you will at almost 400 a shot....

agreed. I want heel guards but hate aluminum heel guards because you are so restricted as to how far back you can put your feet. These i like cause they prevent your foot from being able to get caught up in the tire but you still have great range of motion!

AlbaKFX
07-01-2005, 02:24 PM
I really like these... different look, very functional design, and reletively cheap. If you guys noticed, the Rath pro-peg nerfs are $285. Adding the netted heelguards will run another $95... any other set of heelguards from another company, including Rath, will run $130+

My only thing to complain about is selling them seperate... why are you not doing that? Sell those things for the extra $95 you charge to put them with your existing pro-pegs, and i'm sure people will buy them. Cheaper than the popular IMS heelguards and better looking. My 2 cents

bulkdriverlp
07-01-2005, 03:18 PM
ill make my own before i pay 400 bucks for nerfs, :mad:

AtvMxRider
07-01-2005, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules

The point of a heal gaurd is to keep your feet from getting sucked under the rear tire.

400exrules
07-01-2005, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
The point of a heal gaurd is to keep your feet from getting sucked under the rear tire.

re-read my post..........i said it might hold your foot good......hence, your foot not falling off.

07-03-2005, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp
ill make my own before i pay 400 bucks for nerfs, :mad: agreed, you could make those heel guards with a pipe bender, a welder and a cut nerf net. not worth it IMO

87250rxrider
07-03-2005, 03:48 PM
i agree with aLLoY MX 428, these heel gaurds are not worth the money. i like to have a heel gaurd that holds your foot in, and stops debris from coming in. have you ever gotten a stickstuck in your foot netting? its a real pain in the ***, b/c the stick won't come out unless ou bend down a pull it out, which could be a real problem when racing, and with a heelgaurd being right by the tire, i feel a lot of debris will get caught in the nets. i rather have the solid aluminum. lower the price, and maybe more people will bite... just my 2 cents!!!

400grl
07-03-2005, 03:54 PM
I also am not sold on the netting design - I like my heelguards to be solid.........

nacs400ex
07-03-2005, 06:37 PM
I'm definetly not liking this new setup. Thats basically $600CDN, damn I can get 2 sets of X-Factors for that, give me a break.:o

You gotta think too it's a lot cheaper to throw some netting in for a heelgaurd then some aluminum. So why the high price? Atleast they have stainless pegs.

I have always wanted heelgaurds that keep my heels level with the double wide pegs, rather then having my toes pointing in the air and less surface contact on the pegs.

These nets are just bringing it to another pointless level. For me MX boots do the job on protecting my feet from debris. If the heelgaurds are SOLID and correctily designed it prevents your foot from coming off the peg in the first place.

Thanks but no thanks, My X-Factors will do the job with their double wide pegs, at half the price.

RATHRACING450R
07-05-2005, 01:07 PM
Rath Racing's products are some of the best on the Market. Alot of work goes into their parts to make them not only look and perform well but to last a long time. I myself don't have raths pro-pegs on my quad yet, but as far as the x-factors I have on it now go, if I had 370.00 layin around these junk x-factors would be in the dumpster where they belong and I'd have the rath set up. You guys complain about spending that much....... Rath's products will last longer then damn near every competitor on the market, proven fact by my history of using their products! I've watched Rath's business grow even bigger over the last few years, and there is no doubt in my mind once people start to realize how well his parts are built, high price or not, He'll deffinetally be the biggest ATV parts supplier in the midwest in the near future.

Before you cry about how much they cost, Go buy a set, use them for a season and find out what I've just told you for yourself.

400grl
07-05-2005, 01:51 PM
All the quality in the world won't make a difference in terms of sales if the design isn't something people will be interested in..........no one is denying the quality, just commenting on the price and the way they were designed.....

07-05-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
All the quality in the world won't make a difference in terms of sales if the design isn't something people will be interested in..........no one is denying the quality, just commenting on the price and the way they were designed..... exactly, i wasnt doubting the quality, just the price and design. If you give me 400 bucks to try them out id glady reveiw them for the whole site:o

nacs400ex
07-06-2005, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by RATHRACING450R
Rath Racing's products are some of the best on the Market. Alot of work goes into their parts to make them not only look and perform well but to last a long time. I myself don't have raths pro-pegs on my quad yet, but as far as the x-factors I have on it now go, if I had 370.00 layin around these junk x-factors would be in the dumpster where they belong and I'd have the rath set up. You guys complain about spending that much....... Rath's products will last longer then damn near every competitor on the market, proven fact by my history of using their products! I've watched Rath's business grow even bigger over the last few years, and there is no doubt in my mind once people start to realize how well his parts are built, high price or not, He'll deffinetally be the biggest ATV parts supplier in the midwest in the near future.

Before you cry about how much they cost, Go buy a set, use them for a season and find out what I've just told you for yourself.

Quality, nobody said anything about quality here. It's just that their making the ATV market that much worse. The prices for parts have become outrageous enough. Please you cant tell me those are going to outlast the X-factors. They both have stainless steel pegs. Obviously you dont appreciate the advantage of the double wide pegs. The only way a nerfbar will actually wear over the season is the pegs themselves. Theres ZERO problems with them on either pair.

Just because it says RATH on it doesn't mean everyones gunna jump for it. If your dumb enough to jump on the band wagon because it does, then do so. Ill save myself the $400 and spend it else where on another companies products.

Their just poorly designed heelgaurds andfor that matter at an extremely steep price, get over it. You cant tell me those heel gaurds are worth the $100 difference. No support what so ever. I think Roll Designs beliefs are rubbing off on RATH.

I own a RATH seat latch, but if his prices are gunna skyrocket just for his logo, I'll go to a different company for different products.

07-07-2005, 07:18 AM
There is just no way reasonable people will pay that much for heel guards, waaay to expensive. I got my Pro-Pegs for $190.00 and they have lasted two years now.

user101
07-07-2005, 07:42 AM
why is my hobbie so expensive?!?!?!?!?:mad:

Quad18star
07-07-2005, 08:36 AM
Too expensive !!!

Like someone said ... if you have the time and talent .. a pipe bender , welder and replacement netting will do the trick . Heck you can even bust out the heal guard on the AC ProPegs , buy replacement netting and do it yourself .

Not worth the money in my opinion .... and priced at nearly $600 Canadian , I can buy 2 sets of another companies .

07-07-2005, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Too expensive !!!

Not worth the money in my opinion .... at priced at nearly $600 Canadian , I can buy 2 sets of another companies . exactly, i can buy 2 sets of AC pro peg heel guard nerfs for that!!:huh

Out_Sider
07-07-2005, 09:19 AM
im happy with the design, looks great IMO, and looks liek it will be MUCH better than aluminum heelguards as mine are always gettin in the way, but i guess with a 'innovative' product, comes a rediculous price. $379 is crazy, i mean if i was sponsored by Rath, then yes, i'd buy his nerfs, but as of now, i'll stick w/ my AC propegs w/ heelguards, they dont aggrivate me enough to spend almost 400 bucks on another set

so all in all......

Great Product!
TERRIBLE PRICING!