PDA

View Full Version : 8 plate

zedicus00
07-01-2005, 08:50 AM
can sumone name a dealer or brand of thouse 8plate clutches for the R??

i cant find em for the life of me.

a link would be great.

velocityatv
07-01-2005, 11:45 AM
HINSON & I THINK CURTIS SPARKS DOES TOO

nacs400ex
07-01-2005, 12:13 PM
Hinson, and yep Im pretty sure I've seen Sparks selling them. I know some of the Canadian Hinson distributors sell them, but it wouldnt be worth your while to buy across the border.

brokenbones
07-01-2005, 05:00 PM
if you find one let me know i talked with hinson about 6 or 8 months ago and they told me they discontinued those 8 plate set ups so they told me to call nacs and baldwin witch i did and they were out to

i put up a wanted to buy about 6 months ago and got no hits i know there out there but good luck

just my 2 cents

nacs400ex
07-01-2005, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by brokenbones
if you find one let me know i talked with hinson about 6 or 8 months ago and they told me they discontinued those 8 plate set ups so they told me to call nacs and baldwin witch i did and they were out to

i put up a wanted to buy about 6 months ago and got no hits i know there out there but good luck

just my 2 cents

Oh I would have thought they would have kept making them.

I looked in my Hinson catalogue, but Im guessing it's older then 6-8 months. I doubt your gunna be able to find a discontinued clutch basket, it would be like finding a needle in a hay stack. I've seen some used setups, but running a used clutch basket wouldn't make much sense.

nacs400ex
07-01-2005, 06:10 PM
Just did a quick search on google and I was able to find the following:

Duncan Racing still lists the 8-plate setup

Duncan Racing for 250r (www.duncanracing.com/buyersguide/hondatrx250r-b.phtml)

Alba Action Sports (alba.buyol.com/Item/HINSON-BASKT.htm) still lists the 8-plate.

After looking on EXriders, I found that C&D used to sell the sparks 8-plate setup, they might have on laying around??? As well as GT Thunder.

Hopefully one of those places can help you out, or maybe send you in the right direction. Good luck.

XCredrider
07-01-2005, 09:23 PM
What is better about the 8 plate setup? Longer wear for higher HP motors or smoother or what?

nacs400ex
07-02-2005, 09:48 AM
well with that extra plate in there. Your getting 15% more surface area. So it's pretty much self-explanatory. It would be good for high HP setups, and allow the clutch life to be extended a bit, aswell as less slipping.