PDA

View Full Version : Jet question

White7
06-30-2005, 05:43 PM
Buddy of mine called ,,hes trying to change his main jet,,Wheres the jet on a 04' 500 and what needs to be removed to get it

Sorry for the stupid question,I told him id ask:huh

04EXdude
07-01-2005, 04:15 AM
Its pretty easy to do on a Predator. Just take off the seat and side panels to get access. You're better off to remove the carb completely because the bowl screws are very tight. Use caution not to strip them out. Once inside, the main jet is the one with the shroud around it. Hope this helps...............

03TacomaGuy
07-02-2005, 02:46 AM
Use vice grips for the screws on the bowl on the bottom of the carb. They will inevitably strip because they are made of clay :D . Find some replacement allen wrench screws and good luck on the jet change.

Tyler33
07-02-2005, 06:43 PM
I used an impact driver and still have my screws on the carb. You dont need to take off the side panels either. Just take off the airbox lid and intake tube, then take the carb loose from the cylinder. Cut the ziptie on the frame holding the choke cable tight on the left side then you will have enough slack in the choke cable to flip the carb over. (the throttle cable is kinda tight) Take off the float bowl and the main jet is inside the "jet cup" which is pretty self explanatory.

White7
07-02-2005, 10:38 PM
Cool.Thanks for the tips

philsan
07-04-2005, 08:06 AM
wergh