PDA

View Full Version : What's Better for GNCC Racing...Triple or Dual Rate Springs

Dirtiredneck
06-30-2005, 07:20 AM
I am currently running first year racer with three other friends in the GNCC circuit. I ran WISP last weekend for my first race and Placed 7th in my class. I was suprprised I did that well since the track was so crazy with every obstacle you could think of and I was running stock suspension. I am looking at getting Elka recs and don't know which to go with Triple or Dual Rate shocks....The Pros are running both...

xc400ex
06-30-2005, 09:39 AM
You won't find any dual rates on the pro's quads. Most of them are running quadruple rate shocks and the rest triple rate. If you got the money go with the triple rate it will be that much better.

rob-u/21
06-30-2005, 10:20 AM
There is no reason why you should use dual-rate, go with the triple rate. THe price is that much more.

cdalejef
06-30-2005, 11:50 AM
Unless you are racing a quad that will only fit dual rate.

ajr400ex
07-01-2005, 09:37 AM
You are right - the pros are running various setups - some are running dual rate front shocks. I have a set of Elkas with a custom dual rate front setup for XC/GNCC racing on a 450R. More is not necessarily better. If you are on a budget, the Elka recs are a good choice.

Dirtiredneck
07-01-2005, 12:20 PM
Thanks guys. I think my friends and I might order some Elka Triple rate Rec's, without the rezzi's for now. They should feel 10 times beter than my stock 400ex shocks and hopefully will move me into the top 5 next race, feeling less fatigue'd...