PDA

View Full Version : Would it make that much of a difference??

fasterblaster09
06-29-2005, 09:42 PM
Ok..as soem of you know,I recently purchased a blaster,it was jetted for a toomey that was cut in half,the silencer was cut.I put a stock silencer for now,and it was realll slow,then I put on a good toomey silencer,and ful pipe,and it is no louder than the stock pipe.and its been so slow,it doesnt even spin the tires.coudl the jetting make that much of a difference??...and do I have to take off the whole carb to change the jets??..and what all should i do first besides turn the gas off??..need this before tomorrrow,thanks Neil

RiderTRX400ex
06-29-2005, 09:52 PM
you might not have to take the carb off,just losen theboot screws and turn the carb so u can get to the bowl if its possible, do you foul any plugs? could be jetted rich.. ?

nosliw
06-29-2005, 09:55 PM
i dont know a lot about blasters ( i learn things about quads by taking it apart and figuring it out, and i dont have a blaster) but i can tell you that jetting makes a huge difference.

think about it, what do internal combustion gas engines need? compression, air/fuel, and ignition. all have to be timed right also.... anyway, your jetting moniters the ratio of air and fuel entering your engine at any given throttle position. 14.7:1 (air:gas) is what you want, and if it's off it wont run good. with the exception of just a little on the lean side ( 15:1 or so )

fasterblaster09
06-30-2005, 10:55 AM
O ok,I will play with the jetting.Ok this might sound stupid,realy stupid,but how do I know if it filed the plug??...It has a brand new plug on it.

nosliw
06-30-2005, 11:35 AM
it's fouled when it has so much build up from being jetted too rich that it won't fire anymore. take out the plug, reattach it to the wire, hold the plug up against something metal (engine) and have someone kick it over. it may still fire if it's fouled but very sparratically and inconsistently and weak.

fasterblaster09
06-30-2005, 11:38 AM
I have no trouble at all kicking it over,I can let it sit for a week and just barely kick it once and it fire right up no problem,it just riding it theres a problem.There wasnt any build up on the older spark plug either.