PDA

View Full Version : can any one hang?

05-28-2002, 10:10 PM
i have a 300 ex and race cra and nobody else in the woodsman class has one but i continue to take top 5 week in week out
my 300 rocks cannondales,400s, Rs,raptors i leave them all behind in the woods
9 races 8 top 5s and i wrecked last week at big game and still took 6th
i catch the class ahead of me sometime should i get a 400 so ill rule?

Moto92
05-28-2002, 10:49 PM
:rolleyes:

exriderdude
05-29-2002, 09:11 AM
dude, you live in ohio:) why dont you come on down to wayne county sometime and see how you stand up to me:D j/k where do you live at??

05-29-2002, 11:55 AM
if you are so fast why don't you run the 4stroke mod class at the national this weekend then we will see how fast you really are lol

05-29-2002, 12:42 PM
that would be funny

05-29-2002, 02:25 PM
I'll race ya. Come to northeast ohio i i'll race you. You give me all you got.

jshtex
05-29-2002, 05:42 PM
riiiiinnnnnnggggggg, WHACK! Oh is it time to get up already?:o

bansheeguy77
05-29-2002, 06:07 PM
yea bring it on. are these races actually ama sanctioned? or just little hick get togethers. do u race your little cousins on their trx90s and the class ahead of u is breezes??

400exRacerX
05-29-2002, 06:09 PM
Well,,,,, the theory around here is Ohio riders are the eastcoasts fastest riders.

chris29
05-29-2002, 06:21 PM
No its Kentucky. The fastest riders in the country come from Kentucky. Look at Jeremiah Jones and Bill Ballance. And Jimmy Elza, William Yorky, etc......

05-29-2002, 06:28 PM
Correct me if i am wrong but isn't the woodsman class the C class in CRA.

cdalejef
05-29-2002, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by chris29
No its Kentucky. The fastest riders in the country come from Kentucky. Look at Jeremiah Jones and Bill Ballance. And Jimmy Elza, William Yorky, etc......
Umm...don't forget Rico!:blah

Wingnut
05-29-2002, 07:35 PM
In the Mid East races around here there is a class called Trailrider that is probably similar to the Woodsman class. There were two 300ex riders that were constantly in the top five. At the last race one of them showed up with a stock 400ex and blew the rest of us away. I learned at the beginning of the season to never underestimate a 300EX rider.

05-30-2002, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop

Umm...don't forget Rico!:blah

Yeah I can get to the track faster than anybody...:blah

I do agree with chris29 though,,,,both #1 plates in GNC & GNCC are on Ky boy's quads..:D

exriderdude
05-30-2002, 09:22 AM
#2 plate belongs to ohio though (tim farr) and whatever # matt bartosek has. cant forget about rich phillips either, i think he will go pro in a few years:cool:

05-30-2002, 09:33 AM
you have to remember that jeff and rico live in ky?

chris29
05-30-2002, 02:51 PM
And me too. We are just leting everyone know where the fastest riders in the couuntry come frome KY. But for real the best do come from the east most of the time mainly from ky, ohio, TN

kicker696
05-30-2002, 03:01 PM
I think you guys are forgeting about the fastest atv rider ever, doug "the digger" gust. He's from wisconsin, and i don't think anyone can deny that he is fast!

slates74
05-30-2002, 03:52 PM
By looking at some of the classes locally (dist 6 & 34) I'd say we're gonna see some real fast guys coming from nj and ny soon.

250rmike
05-30-2002, 04:02 PM
umm maryland has jack sh** for fast races from what i have seen. the only guy that i have ever heard go pro from maryland is someone noone ever knew about cause he broke his back like 5-6 weeks after he turned pro his name was jason allport (dont know how to spell it. he lives not to far from me and right down the street from some of my friends. I gonna try to get him to make parts for me, I saw a steering stem that he made and it looks just like the leager. he was back in the mid 90's i believe cant exactly remember.

breaks-alot
05-30-2002, 04:36 PM
Exriderdude: You’re almost right about Matt. I'm good friends with him but he lives in east Springfield p.a with Jody Bateman (exit 2 in p.a I think). He rides for my neighbor (Capp Steel Racing) so he spends all day in Ohio either working at Baldwin’s or working on his bikes in my neighbors shop or ridding with me. Tim Farr also grew up about 5 min away from where I live........ Actually his brother Steve is my favorite teacher (Spanish...HUEVOS GRANDES!:D) Hey who was at the last GNC race and saw Matt's brand new YZ (Farr replica) break off its header pipe and he was shooting flames outa his motor when he caught up with Farr and them! Should have seen the oil tank after that race! Oh yea he just graduated from high school about 6 days ago... Isn't that amazing to be that fast being 18 (I’m only 15 though) also do you other Ohio riders know where Ashtabula Ohio is? I live pretty damn close to Pine Lake. And if you guys don't think we raise the fastest riders go and look at all the stats and see that Ohio riders are on top of charts for other classes (like the 12-15 class your future pros).

Ben #416

K_Fulk
06-01-2002, 11:40 PM
Woodsman is like c class in the cra. But the cra is pretty competitive and they dont have any displacement rules for quads.

Breaks-alot , one reason ohio has some fast kids is beacuse fisher builds some pretty bad mini quads.

breaks-alot
06-02-2002, 08:56 AM
K_Fulk, your right about Bud he is a great mechanic just always busy. My dad was telling me stories about when he was growing up with Bud they would get those 6 wheelers and the very first thing they would do is take out the motor and mod the **** outa them. Then they would always race on the Pine Lake TT track. But now Jody Bateman is the one who is sorta taking in Fishers footsteps he makes like replica's of fisher's Mod frames (cr80 motors) and does all of my neighbors motor work on his 2 80's.
J/W if anyone follows the A-Pro Am classes that they should check out Joey Dreslinski's NEW r. When I say new I mean it’s a brand new 2002cr250 motor in a fisher frame (AXIS shocks ect...). It was one of Bud's many winter projects. You guys should watch how fast that thing is. Motor wise it can kill a normal 250r. Also it doesn't vibrate near as bad as the older cr motors would in a quad frame (has silicone in the handlebars tho). Do you guys know of anyone else who has done or is going to do this?

Ben#416

K_Fulk
06-02-2002, 10:40 PM
I need to go to the tt at pine lake this year. Is it one day or 2 i'll have to see if i can get off of work.

Zero Z400
06-03-2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by kicker696
I think you guys are forgeting about the fastest atv rider ever, doug "the digger" gust. He's from wisconsin, and i don't think anyone can deny that he is fast!
Yeah he raced at the track in Byron. Rick350twin and juggalo r buy there, its like an hour away from me.

Later

harebounder
06-04-2002, 09:28 PM
Mowie27 that is great that you are doing well in you class but don't run your mouth let your riding do it for you. When you start running in the top ten overall then still don't run your mouth have fun. If your fast you will hear other people talk that you are fast.

lil400exman
06-05-2002, 11:36 AM
no doubt on that the fastest riders are from ky tn and ohio i lived in all 3 i got all racing genes!!!!!!!!!! but i took my bout stok ex up to muskegon mi. and the only guyu that could beat me had a cr500 supped motor i was killin cr250's and yz's we are just fast people accpt the leaders! lol not trying to flame but speakin truth!:cool: :cool:

06-05-2002, 11:58 AM
The southern Ohio wave is here!! There are several people who ran district 11 consistantly last year that moved up to the GNCC's thsi year. 5 4stk-mod rides, 1 open A rider, 3 250 A riders, 2 pro production riders and sometimes there was a third pro production rider there, and a bunch of B class riders.

06-05-2002, 11:59 AM
Sorry 2 open A riders

06-07-2002, 09:28 AM
Hey i give props to all the ohio rcers they are some of the best racers i have seen. just look at Tim Farr look at how manny championships he took and hes been in there for quite awhile sure jerimiaha jones is good but still

DiceMan400
06-07-2002, 09:58 AM
Yeah you guys should try racin some NY and NJ riders....... KY boy watch out!!!! KY, aint that a lube or something???? jokin fellas....

JabberJaw
06-07-2002, 10:06 AM
If you are from NJ you will come in 1st every time, but when we start talking KY, you will come in seconds...

06-07-2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by insanec400Ex
Hey i give props to all the ohio rcers they are some of the best racers i have seen. just look at Tim Farr look at how manny championships he took and hes been in there for quite awhile sure jerimiaha jones is good but still

Jeremiah has only run in the pro class 2 years...2nd year he won it..and I'm sure there will be plenty more.. Tim Fart's been racing in the pro class for like 10 years or something,,Tim is a good rider don't get me wrong,,he's one of the best for a reason..

06-07-2002, 01:32 PM
up here in michigan we dont have verygood racers(at least i dont think) i mean my first mx race ever i raced c class and got first both times and i m racing agine this weekend at the same track. To make up for our bad racers we have one of the best tracks acording to denton:DW"Favorit tracks?" GD "Red Bud Michigan and Mt.Morris in Pennsylvania. they were technial and had a lot to offer."
straight out of this months dirt wheels. so i aint sayen bs . i guess it has come down to tracks to mention michigan. that is embarasing. hay at leats i can race so i am happy.

ATV_MAN
06-07-2002, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by GNCCer
The southern Ohio wave is here!! There are several people who ran district 11 consistantly last year that moved up to the GNCC's thsi year. 5 4stk-mod rides, 1 open A rider, 3 250 A riders, 2 pro production riders and sometimes there was a third pro production rider there, and a bunch of B class riders.
Hey dont forget about me. I dont race or anything but i can ride fast throught the trails.hehe dont know if that counts but i come from a racing family.

250rmike
06-08-2002, 05:16 AM
remember that guy that i was talking about jason allport. look in the july 2002 issue of dirtwheels in the thrills and spills section. he is the one onthe first page farthest to the top. that is him crashing i think that is where he broke his back but i am not sure