PDA

View Full Version : Hydro Dynamics ishock

400 MO Boy
06-29-2005, 08:45 PM
What does everybody think of this new front suspension package from Hydro Dynamics. It sounds pretty straight forward and complete. I just didn't know about fit and function and reliability. Also what to do about rear shock? Have the stock one rebuilt? I don't know, just gettin' everyone's opinion.

00 400EX

rob-u/21
06-30-2005, 10:24 AM
I dont know much about them since they just came out. But I have seen them and they are very well built both the control arms and shocks. I think they are more intended for the beginner type rider. But they do look very nice. And well priced. Their top of the line package is like $1800 and include upper and lower control arms, front break lines, tie-rods, front suspension with piggyback reservoirs, and instructional dvd, and tools to adjust your suspension. You can also buy all of this seperately.

hardkoratvmxr
06-30-2005, 11:44 AM
what is their website i am interested but cant find their website

400 MO Boy
06-30-2005, 12:11 PM
What do you mean it is more for beginner type riders? What would you suggest for this type of improvement to a 400 EX. We use it mainly for trail riding and dunes, not racing. Thanks!

hardkoratvmxr
06-30-2005, 12:48 PM
whats their webstie

rob-u/21
06-30-2005, 03:09 PM
I should of said it differently, what I meant is recreational not for racing. Here is their website http://www.atvishock.com

Chango
07-10-2005, 08:48 PM
I was offered a *****en deal about 6 months ago to run them for a very cheap price but decided to keep runing my lone star dc 4 with TCS shocks .They are a pretty basic arm mass produced with a diffrent logo.I am sure they are 100% better then stock.But???

HDUSA
07-20-2005, 12:20 PM
The HDUSA Phantom A-arms are designed and produced exclusively for us only. The last post sounded as if we have just bought someone else’s design and stuck our logo on them, which is far from the case. They 100% 4130 Chromoly Alloy with x-rayed and magnaflux inspected welds and zerk fittings on most models. We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee and a lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects. It’s a great arm at a great price backed by the best customer service in the industry. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.

866-GO-iShock
info@ishock.com
www.ishock.com

Chango
07-21-2005, 05:08 PM
So are you saying someone makes these arms for H.d. .Hydro dynamics don't make there own arms but puts thier name on them ?Just wondering ..Maybe I was given the wrong info..

HDUSA
07-25-2005, 10:53 AM
We design the Phantom Arms in house and have them produced elsewhere.

MXRACER86
07-25-2005, 02:10 PM
Hey "HDUSA" can you tell me why I should buy that frontend for my YFZ450 over other long travel brands? Thanks for your time!

TBD
07-25-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by MXRACER86
Hey "HDUSA" can you tell me why I should buy that frontend for my YFZ450 over other long travel brands? Thanks for your time!
The Phantom arms are not " Long travel arms", which really should be refered to as "Long shock". The Phantom arms have the shock mount in the standard position.

MXRACER86
07-25-2005, 08:56 PM
but on there web site they claim there frontend is better than "long Travel"

0VER LAND 450R
07-25-2005, 09:04 PM
tell me why i should buy them aswell for the 450r

HDUSA
07-26-2005, 08:41 AM
We in no way are trying to discredit long travel suspension systems in anyway. Our kits are not Long Travel.

HDUSA offers affordable, convenient, complete ATV Front Suspension kits backed by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and Lifetime Warranty.

MXRACER86
07-26-2005, 01:06 PM
Is your suspension zero preload? Or ride hieght adjustable? Also do you offer a rear shock? Im intrested in this frontend for motocross but I need a low ride hieght.

HDUSA
07-26-2005, 01:10 PM
This is not a ZPS System.

We are working on Rear shocks right now and will have them in the near future. Keep an eye on www.ishock.com for more information.

Feel free to e-mail us or PM us with any questions customerservice@hydrodynamicsusa.com

MXRACER86
07-26-2005, 01:13 PM
Are they ride hiegt adjustable?

TBD
07-26-2005, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by MXRACER86
Are they ride hiegt adjustable?
As far as I know there isn't any shock out there that is ride hieght adjustable. I know a lot of them claim that the preload adjuster is for making ride hieght changes but they fail to mention that you're either increasing the spring force or decreasing the spring force by making that adjustment. I'm sure I will get a lot of people disagreeing. Look at it this way. If you want to raise the quad you turn the nuts or clips down. By doing this you now have a smaller or shorter area for the spring. When a spring gets shorter it increases the spring force. Why not call it what it really is. Preload adjustment which will affect ride hieght. To answer your question they are not ride hieght adjustable but they do offer preload adjustability.

400exrider707
07-26-2005, 03:33 PM
Any plans for ZPS shocks in the future becuase without them, I dont think you'll get any racers to buy them..........

TBD
07-26-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Any plans for ZPS shocks in the future becuase without them, I dont think you'll get any racers to buy them..........
They are not going to do a ZPS shock. What I understand that they are going to come out with is a multi spring set up that will get the lower ride hieght and still utilize all the spring. In other words they are not going to use filler springs to achieve a lower ride hieght. Just to let everyone know, the Phantom arms and shocks is just the first level. It is geared more for the masses then the racers.

400exrider707
07-26-2005, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by TBD
They are not going to do a ZPS shock. What I understand that they are going to come out with is a multi spring set up that will get the lower ride hieght and still utilize all the spring. In other words they are not going to use filler springs to achieve a lower ride hieght. Just to let everyone know, the Phantom arms and shocks is just the first level. It is geared more for the masses then the racers.

ZPS works the same way. They aren't filler springs. When you go in the air those filler springs aren't still compressed and DO help to absorb.

TBD
07-26-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
ZPS works the same way. They aren't filler springs. When you go in the air those filler springs aren't still compressed and DO help to absorb.
I do not agree that they help as much as you believe they do. The amount of force that the filler spring would assert is so small that you would not notice. The spring rate for the fillers is just enough to hold the wieght of the quad. Between the filler and crossover spacers is what the shock builder usses to achieve a practical ride hieght. I do agree that they do have spring force from the fully extended position but like I said there is not enough to even notice when landing from a jump or other obstacle.