PDA

View Full Version : hot cam or web cam

allstock
06-29-2005, 07:23 PM
whats the difference between a hot cam and and web cam?

jak1389
06-29-2005, 07:25 PM
hot cams are drop ins and the wed cam you have to send away your core and then when they send it back you also need to get hardended rockers.

Warnerade
06-29-2005, 07:31 PM
not necesarily....you dont NEED hardened rockers...i had a webcam and my rockers were fine....

EPDP99
06-29-2005, 07:46 PM
im having issues with mine because i dont have hardened rockers. my cam and rockers got ground to almost nothing. GET THE ROCKERS with WEBCAM.

mills_racing
06-29-2005, 07:51 PM
yeah my buddy had a webcam and didnt get the hardned rockers and it ran fine for a while then it jus started losing power so when we tore it down we checked it out and the rockers was worn beyond being wore out and the cam was toast also....dont let that expensive cam go to waste get the hardened rockers if u get a webcam.

Warnerade
06-29-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by mills_racing
yeah my buddy had a webcam and didnt get the hardned rockers and it ran fine for a while then it jus started losing power so when we tore it down we checked it out and the rockers was worn beyond being wore out and the cam was toast also....dont let that expensive cam go to waste get the hardened rockers if u get a webcam. lol...i ran mine for a year+...when i blew a head gasket, it was perfect. Ya you are taking a risk...but it worked for me.

allstock
06-29-2005, 09:08 PM
is the web cam really worth all that trouble or would it be better just getting a hot cam?

allstock
06-29-2005, 09:09 PM
is the web cam really worth all that trouble or would it be better just getting a hot cam?

allstock

allstock

allstock

allstock
06-29-2005, 09:10 PM
sorry about that mycomputer is messed up bump

jak1389
06-29-2005, 09:25 PM
lol. just go with a hot cam

Cody_300ex
06-29-2005, 10:25 PM
I put in Hardened rockers w/ my webcam to save me in the long run. I love the webcam in my 300, gave so much power at a very good price. I would never run a hotcam in a quad just for the fact that there so mellow campared to web, and web also makes cams for motorcycles, cars, trucks, superbikes, ect. So therefore they have more experince in the cam bussiness. So there will be a web cam in my next motor.:macho

K_Fulk
06-29-2005, 10:43 PM
If your trying to do it as cheap as possible get the the hotcam. I'll stick with the web and megacycle cams myself though.

Some of the web cams have way more valve lift than you will see from a hotcam. You will usually need to get some heavier duty valve springs and sometimes shorter valve guides.

Cody_300ex
06-29-2005, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by K_Fulk
If your trying to do it as cheap as possible get the the hotcam. I'll stick with the web and megacycle cams myself though.

Some of the web cams have way more valve lift than you will see from a hotcam. You will usually need to get some heavier duty valve springs and sometimes shorter valve guides.

Just remember the saying, "You get what ya pay for!";)

K_Fulk
06-30-2005, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
Just remember the saying, "You get what ya pay for!";)

He wanted to know the differnce between them not you get what you pay for. ;)

EPDP99
06-30-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by K_Fulk

this is true, all motor builders i know say you MUST run race springs and shortened valve guides with hardened rockers....so its pretty much all or nothing. so while it needs that you might as well get oversized valves:D