PDA

View Full Version : AC bumper mount measurements??

stever250r
06-29-2005, 04:51 PM
I just purchased a new AC Racing bumper for my R project and it is a little over a !/4 to wide for my frame mounts..

The box is labeled as 250r 86-89 so Im not sure if it was mislabeled or what.

Can someone give me the inside measurements from thier bumper mounts to compare with mine to see if I was shipped the wrong bumper..

I dont think I should have to shim it.

Thanks

beerock
06-29-2005, 04:52 PM
put the bolts in and tighten it down it will bend and then it wont do it again. you may have to use longer bolts to get them threaded. but thats how the ac's are...

stever250r
06-29-2005, 04:54 PM
Ok i'll give it a try

Wasnt sure how easy it would bend...

Thanks Beerock

TheFontMaster
06-29-2005, 04:57 PM
When I got my bumper from Blingstar, it was a little more that 1/4 of an inch off I think, but I just threaded in the bolts, and it went in nice. The aluminum they used for that bumper is pritty beefy too, so I'm shure your's won't have a broblem bending a little bit.

stever250r
06-29-2005, 05:30 PM
Worked like a champ..I would have never thought that it would have pulled in so easily. sure didnt look like it would.

Makes me happy.... :D

Eddiesanders250
06-29-2005, 10:02 PM
ya i bought an ac bumper and the mounts didnt line up. i had to drill about an inch out of the bumper to make it fit. i emailed them and they never replied. shows how much they care.

nacs400ex
06-30-2005, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Eddiesanders250
ya i bought an ac bumper and the mounts didnt line up. i had to drill about an inch out of the bumper to make it fit. i emailed them and they never replied. shows how much they care.

Alter&Cut racing, I run an AC bumper however it's a 400ex bumper, so I expected to have to make some shims.

I refuse to run their propegs though. I had to do a lot of bending to get them to fit. I'll stick with X-Factor, their pegs last much longer too.