PDA

View Full Version : Narrowed my Suspension down to 3.. now help me choose

Out_Sider
06-29-2005, 01:14 PM
Alright i've narrowed my suspension choices down to 3 companies. Herrmann, JRD, and JB. These 3 stand out for me because of price, craftsmanship, and all seem to be pretty tough.

Now JB uses a 20in shock and Herrmann uses a 19 3/4in shock, i am not certain what JRD uses, but i like the looks of the JRDs and Herrmanns, JB's style is nice, but im more of a 'gull wing' kinda person, even tho its not looks its what is best. All are competitively priced, but give me YOUR opinions on these three companies. I am interested in their MX long travel a arms, and Swing arms.

R3Concepts
06-29-2005, 01:34 PM
JB all the way out of those 3. The gullwings are nice but manufacturers that started with the gull wing(LSR) are going to the spud style lower mount(Laeger, JB, Walsh, Houser, etc). The spud style has much better ground clearance.

Out_Sider
06-29-2005, 02:52 PM
are there any other advantages to the "spud style"?

the only thing im concerned about is balljoints, i've always been an Heim person as well.

R3Concepts
06-29-2005, 04:30 PM
It protects the bottom of the shock as well, or rebound adjusters. Heims can be beneficial as far as travel index or motion, but they do break like balljoints. Ive only seen one LSR balljoint break and would not be afraid to use them, and most LT arms use at least 60 degree balljoints for the needed arch.

YfzMX212
06-29-2005, 04:39 PM
I like jrd......when i save up enough money that's probably the arms im going to go with...

Out_Sider
06-30-2005, 07:53 AM
does anyone have anymore suggestions?

EvilJester400EX
06-30-2005, 08:13 AM
Heim joints wear out MUCH faster than ball joint setups do. In less than six months I had to replace a set of heims, I switched to a ball joint style front end and haven't had to replace them yet (8 months at least). There really isn't that much of a difference in the handling. I'd go with JB a-arms.

Out_Sider
06-30-2005, 11:44 AM
one of the guys i race with ordered Viper arms and once his axis shocks show up im gonna see how he likes those, but im really leaning towards JB, mostly because my sponsor HetRick Racing runs them and it would be smart of me to go with what the team runs

CdaleXtreme
07-02-2005, 08:10 AM
JB is tried and True, and used by many Pro Am, and even some Pro Riders.

trost66
07-02-2005, 08:41 AM
http://atvfourplay.com/ I would try these guys out. They make quailty stuff. They use heims and I have never had one wear out. I have race on them for year and a half. My friend had lsr arms with ball joints and hit a big double and when he landed the ball joint broke. Broke the upper bone in his leg and broke his jaw and messed up his teeth. After seeing that I will never by ball joints again. I run atv four play arms and swing arm and stem. Hope it helps