PDA

View Full Version : big gun -vs- yoshi

eldoexrider01
05-28-2002, 08:54 PM
i am deciding between the big gun complete and the yoshi complete (comp series). which one is best for trail and road riding?
what are some ups and downs of each pipe? any info is greatly appreciated.

nakomis0
05-28-2002, 09:06 PM
The Big Gun is a lowend pipe. The Yoshi being a lil more all around.

If you wand more of a holeshot get BG. Want a lil more mid and top, get Yoshi

eldoexrider01
05-29-2002, 06:01 AM
hey thanks for the feed back. even though the bg is a low end pipe does it have any gains in the mid and hi range? oh yeah i also have a 400ex

chad400ex
05-29-2002, 08:43 AM
I've been really happy with my Yoshi pipe. It seemed to give me more power all the way through the powerband. I've still got plenty of low end power...in fact when I drag race in the sand dunes I usually start out in 2nd gear, and I still pull a wheelie. That is with the stock 15 tooth front sprocket. It took me a while to get the right jetting set-up, but now that it's dialed in, I've been very happy with my purchase. I haven't seen too many guys running the big gun exhaust, so I can't compare.

PDunes300ex
05-29-2002, 10:42 AM
I rode the dunes with a 400ex w/ BG complete and all i can tell you is it is LOUD...don't know if that concerns you or not but i think the Yoshi will be a little quieter.

05-29-2002, 10:43 AM
About a month ago I was in the same spot. Which pipe? I talked with Terry Marcum, and to my surprise he said that the BG system was better than the yoshi. He threw out his Yoshi system for the BG system. Said it gave him better hp through the whole power band. I just bought the slip-on, and ground the welds out of my stock head pipe, then had it ceramic coated.

05-29-2002, 11:15 AM
the big gun will give you more power than the yoshimura, but the big gun is REALLY LOUD. i like it that way but if you dont like something really loud then get the yoshi. but maximum hp is with the big gun.

ps. on the big gun you could get the quiet core insert and still be making the same hp as the yoshi and i think the big gun looks alot better

Sparkles
05-29-2002, 11:23 AM
i have a yosh, i dont like it. i rather a t-4

05-29-2002, 01:22 PM
I have a yosh. It's a nice pipe. I bit pricey for the power. All i know is they dent if you kick them ;)

K400EX&A250EX
05-29-2002, 02:14 PM
I've got the BG Full Race System and am VERY pleased with it. I am not a racer and could not really tell you which system is "best", but I got GREAT results from my BG system. I couldn't be more pleased.

Punk13rym
05-29-2002, 05:09 PM
I think that my Big Gun system is awsome. It gives you power all around especally with a jet and filter.

Quadfather
05-29-2002, 08:50 PM
I was in the same boat about three months ago. I too, gave Terry Marcums a call. He told me the Yoshimura was the best slip on out there. Now that I read the above post, maybe he was trying to get rid of some surplus.

He also had a pipe shootout on his website. It gave the nod to the Yosh. All I know is, I'm extremely happy with my Yosh. It's not overly loud, and the gains are decent. For the money, I feel it's a good deal.

eldoexrider01
05-29-2002, 09:30 PM
how loud is the bg in comparison to the dmc ? i do know that the dmc is very loud and i do not care for anything that loud or anything above that, not because of noise ordnance but its not that cool when u have one really loud 4wheeler and the rest stock or quiet. and suggestions or comments?????

ChadEXer
05-30-2002, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Quadfather
I was in the same boat about three months ago. I too, gave Terry Marcums a call. He told me the Yoshimura was the best slip on out there. Now that I read the above post, maybe he was trying to get rid of some surplus.

He also had a pipe shootout on his website. It gave the nod to the Yosh. All I know is, I'm extremely happy with my Yosh. It's not overly loud, and the gains are decent. For the money, I feel it's a good deal.
Quadfather,
3 months ago the new Big Gun hadnt came out yet. There is no doubt that the old Big Gun pipes SUCK compared to the Yoshi pipes,,,If you got an old Big Gun,,get rid of it,,,i traded my old Big Gun with a Yoshi pipe and the difference was unbelievable!!! I have heard from many people including Terry Marcum that the new Big gun pipe is one of the best out there though,,,they have larger headpipes this year and ceramic coated and they are very nice!!! Yoshi is still a damned good pipe too!!!

appleman400ex
05-30-2002, 10:38 AM
ford on a buddy icon whats rong with you

:huh :huh :huh :huh :huh :huh :huh
Its chevy or nothing

patrick delao
05-30-2002, 03:07 PM
I just talked to tech support at big gun and talked to Mike Reabello and he said there is NO difference between an old big gun system and a new one but the end cap the HP has always been the same. I also am looking to get either a Yoshi full or a big gun full and am having a hard time deciding :(

05-30-2002, 03:14 PM
Chevy or nothing HUH. If you don't get a Ford, you go Mopar, Never will I buy a Chevy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

05-30-2002, 03:15 PM
Hey appleman...If you're a chevy lover than it's my guess that that 90ex is for you and the 400 is for your old lady.

05-30-2002, 03:23 PM
and also, u will never hav a girl!!!

j/k blue oval

RideRed04
05-30-2002, 03:50 PM
Well, that tech must know something everyone else does, cause he is the only one I have heard that from.

eldoexrider01
05-30-2002, 10:12 PM
now that i know to make sure i get the new pipe, is the big gun as loud as a dmc pipe? and if it is, is it anoying loud or good quality loud? if anyone has some comparisons of the bg against another pipe it will help!!!!!