PDA

View Full Version : electrical problems!!!

yellow400ex05
06-29-2005, 09:28 AM
My quad has been having electrical problems on it. the indicator lights and and my head and taillight have been flickering. and my neutral light goes out and then my quad wont start. When the light comes back on really dim u can feel the batteriy try to start but it won't. I just washed my quad and now when i try to start it there is a buzzing sound. My battery is fully charged but something could be loose somewhere. When i try to start it i see tiny bits of smoke come out. i touched a piece of rubber to a thing on my battery and tried to start it and it fired right up. but now i can't figure out what to do. pictures would help to figure out what would be wrong. show me a colored pic of a normal 250ex battery or something.

06-29-2005, 11:59 AM
check the screws/terminals right on your battery...sounds like they are a little loose

Scott-300ex
06-29-2005, 03:06 PM
probably got loose connections or rubbed the insulation off the wires

check your whole wire system and spray wd-40 on the wires and connictions if there might be a possibility water is in there

400ex28
06-29-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
check the screws/terminals right on your battery...sounds like they are a little loose

Stevie-D
06-29-2005, 09:19 PM
check your battery ground. my brother's 400 wouldn't start one day. same problem s you are having. turned out that the ground cable had broken, and it would make contact every now and then. maybe it's worth a check for ya.

YFZ450Ridr
06-29-2005, 09:49 PM
oddly enough that used to happen to my 250ex. take apart the little housing for the start button, light switch, and kill switch and spray some wd-40 in there. screw it back on and it should work.