View Full Version : falling on its face

frcfed4
06-29-2005, 06:48 AM
Let a buddy ride my quad around this wide open grassy field. All he did was a few donuts and stalled it a few times. now when he comes back to the house my quad is fallin on its face bad at WOT. it is completely fine up until that point. I took out the plug and it looks just fine. air filter is a lil dirty so i took that off and road around my house once and it still did it. any ideas? my guess was maybe bad gas but if thats not it at least it'll be covered under warrantee

nowukno
06-29-2005, 08:19 AM
Maybe your friend got jealous of your new quad and sabotaged it. j/k ......

Jonas
06-29-2005, 09:55 AM
How long have you had it for and is it totally bone stock, no mods still? It performs well at low to mid throttle? When you give it throttle, at exactly what point in the throttle range does it fall. Just at wide open only or starting at mid throttle?

frcfed4
06-29-2005, 04:26 PM
yea its still bone stock. only at wot it falls. everywhere else seems fine.

cinigen9
06-29-2005, 04:32 PM
sounds like you might have something blocking the main jet..

shouldnt take but a few minutes to check - take 17mm wrench to the plug on the bottom of the carb - then take the main jet out - make sure there is nothing in it.

do a few searches - others have had this same problem.

good luck

Carson

chad502ex
06-29-2005, 04:36 PM
i'd bet $$ carson is correct. probally dirt in the bottom of the carb and is preventing the fuel to be pulled up through the main.

Once i was on the trail and my engine was "failing on its face" from about 40% throttle and on, but if i stayed below that range it ran great. I pulled over on the trail pulled out the 17mm wrench that we carry on big rides, remove the nut on the bottom, and whammmo- there was a small piece of dirt that made its way into the bottom of the carb. Dumped it out and one we went!

Give' it a try.

Chad

frcfed4
06-29-2005, 05:45 PM
ill try that when i get home from work in the morning and let you all know if that was it. someone also just told me it might be my valves needing adjustment since that hasnt been done yet. its going in for service as soon as i get this problem fixed so hopefully your ideas are right

frcfed4
06-30-2005, 05:34 AM
Thank you guys very much for your help it runs just fine. i let all the gas drain outta the floats or whatever and turned the gas back on and let it kinda flush it out. it now runs just as good as ever