PDA

View Full Version : Suspension question? 250X Elka/Works?????

bryan.young1
06-29-2005, 05:31 AM
ill try this post here please help if you can
thanks

my problem is this i have dual rate works pro srs up front no res, and single rate pro srs with res rear. and up until now i have been hell bent on upgrading to LT burguard +2 +1 a arms and elka trip rate copmression only pgy back sport raceing srs fronts and dual rate rmt res sport and raceing srs rear comp/rbnd. i am 5'11" 180 and the bike was set up for 6'2" 220 guy. i am going to have the quadshop set up my new suspension for my height/weight. i just took it out on the track at Rocky Hill for the first time and was blown away at how nice she rodeeven with the cheap not so new any more works. every take off was like butter and i never felt out of control. no matter how fast i hit each jump she came off perfect every time and even when i cam up short a couple of times she just took it like a champ without killing me. i am a new rider and this is exactly what i was lookin for in a bike. the cornering was well..... it is a stock 250X after all and i couldn't expect much there, also the woop section didn't feel very good, which is why the a arms/elkas. my worry is that i will screw up this perfect set up with the new suspension and arms and when i hit the jumps it will be less stable. is this a valid concern or can it only get better? sorry for the long post. im going to e-mail jeff tonight and ask the same thing i just wanted to get some more backup. never expected the works to do this well, now im confused.

thanks alot for any help. i really need to figure this one out before i spend alot of money just to make my bike worse