PDA

View Full Version : ITP wheels

i_mangle_sht
06-28-2005, 09:27 PM
hey guys im new to this forum, i just picked up an 04 400ex about 3 weeks ago
I just picked up and installed my new ITP t9's with 20x11 Holeshot HD's on em. My question is do you just use the factory honda lugnuts with aftermarket wheels? I used the factory ones during the install and just wanted some input. I am a mechanic for a living and anytime we install aftermarket wheels on cars they come with lugnuts designed to seat properly on the wheels. again just wondering any input would be great

thanks

400EX QUADER
06-28-2005, 09:29 PM
stock will work fine

04'400ex'er
06-28-2005, 09:31 PM
You will notice the inserts on the factory wheels are specific to the stock lug nuts. the nuts are machined to line up the rims upon tightning them up. I have the same rims and the first time i used them the holes werent big enough and when i went to take them off they wouldnt cum off. It took a huge wheel puller to get them off. drill them out with a bit just larger than the size of the lugs an slap em' on.

jak1389
06-28-2005, 09:34 PM
yea the stock lug nuts should work fine.

400exdave
06-29-2005, 02:07 AM
stock lugnuts will work... be be warned. I bought the same wheels and tires as you not long ago, and I put the stock lugnuts on and 1 hour of riding the wheel was torn up because I did not put washers on there, and 2 lugnuts fell off and the other 2 were threaded almost all the way off. I didn't konw that honda's wheels had built in washers on. So buy washers, please! lol

i_mangle_sht
06-29-2005, 04:22 PM
thanks for the heads up guys. ill call itp and see if they manu. their own lugs for the t9 id rather have those and pay more than having a wheel(s) come off.
again thanks for the help

i_mangle_sht
06-30-2005, 07:26 PM
just got off the phones with itp today, they told me to install the lugnuts with the flat side facing the wheel instead of the acorn facing the wheel. I beieve i talked to a guy named don...very helpfull.
again thanks for all the input.