PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound like a good deal???

hondardr4life
06-28-2005, 08:30 PM
Ok, I found a set of works triple rates with remote rezzies valved for a 175lb person (i'm 170) that have never touched the mx track and have hardly been used, plus a set of chrome burguard 250r a-arms. All of that is Only $365, I think that is a killer deal, what do you guys thing?

Or the other deal I had found was on a set of works dual rates that were rebuilt last summer and have abotu 40 hours on them, they were used on the mx track, and are also valved for a 175lb rider, plus a lectron 36mm carb for $350.

Personally I think the first deal is wayy better, so I am probablly goign to go for that. I hav eheard a bunch of people telling me that the 250r a-arms will cause bump steer, but I have rode a 300 with stock shox and 400ex a-arms and I didn't notice any bump steer, just slightly different handeling.

TwentyBelow131
06-28-2005, 08:47 PM
That is an unbelievable deal. I would buy them in a heartbeat for that price if I had a 300 .

jak1389
06-28-2005, 08:58 PM
yea most deffiantley go with the fisrt deal, but make sure it is on the up and up because more times than not if it looks to good to be true it usually is.

Robin Hood
06-28-2005, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by jak1389
yea most deffiantley go with the fisrt deal, but make sure it is on the up and up because more times than not if it looks to good to be true it usually is.

Yea, definately hit that **** up. Just check it over if you can before you get it. If its the real deal then grab em.

hondardr4life
06-28-2005, 09:25 PM
He's suposed to be sending me pics tomorrow. It sounds like the real deal, and he said the a-arms have been laying around in his garage so he'll throw them in pretty cheap.

hondardr4life
06-29-2005, 07:44 AM
Oops, I misunderstood the guy. He will sell me the triple rates and stock 250r a-arms for $365. He wants $500 for the burguards and triple rates.

300exOH
06-29-2005, 08:39 AM
DON'T DO IT! The 250r/400ex a arm conversion is not a good mod.

hondardr4life
06-29-2005, 01:17 PM
Why is it not a good mod? It's better than wheel spacers.

300exOH
06-29-2005, 04:23 PM
There have been 1000 posts on why the 250r/400ex a arms don't work. I'm not an expert so I really won't try to explain why. If you do a search on the subject and pay attention to Jeff at Quadshop and Bradley you will find the answers. I had 250r arms on mine with custom works shocks and I was never happy with it. It was hard to handle on rough terrain at high speeds and my arms would ache really bad after a long ride. I have switched to +2+1 burgards made for the 300 with custom elkas and a shock bracket and I have been MUCH happier. As for being better than wheel spacers I would still have to say no. At least with the spacers your shocks and a arms can function properly. I had spacers on mine at one time and I liked them much better for trails.

300excrazy98
06-29-2005, 08:16 PM
hey man do it! I had this set up and it was amazing! i loved it!!!!!

hondardr4life
06-29-2005, 08:46 PM
Well I talked directly to works, and I told them about the triple rates and 250r a-arms first and he said do not use the 250r a-arms because they offset your shock forward, and make it more likely to bend, but other than that, the triple rates are good shocks.

Then I told him about the fully adjustable dual rates, and he asked me if I was serious. He said that they are a much better shock because they are fully adjustable but he did not believe me that they were fully adjustable dual rates for a 300ex. Then I asked him why and he said because he has only ever made 5 pairs of them and they retail at $970 a pair. So I asked him how I could tell from a picture and he said that the lines for the rezzies come in from the side to kinds form a T instead of attaching to the top of it. Sure enough, thats what they are. So I am buying the dual rates and the lectron.

300exOH
06-29-2005, 09:35 PM
Good to hear that works is steering you away from the 250r setup. Even stock arms with a good set of shocks would be better. $970 sounds like a high price to me since I only paid $500 for my Elka economy(preload adjust only) shocks. I would shop around and look into the Elka economy shocks if I were you. Many people will agree they are even better than the higher end works. Don't get me wrong works are a good shock too though.