PDA

View Full Version : Manual shift of Rancher ES?

bone705
06-28-2005, 05:04 PM
Does anyone know if you can convert the Rancher electronic shift to a manual? were tired of the push button acting up. plus it just sucks for shifting under power. All i can think of having to do is put a differnt shift shaft on and some how disconnecting the electronics. if anyone has any input please let me know.

400exstud
06-28-2005, 08:47 PM
I think you should be able to. All that the ES is is a little sylanoid that hits the shifter.

PS: What is acting up on your ES?

jjohnst03
06-28-2005, 09:47 PM
You will have to completly bypass the ES system. It has a "Safety" on it that kills the motor if you manual shift when the ES is working properly. If you can figure out how to get around that then it can be done very easy. The shaft for a shifter is allready on the motor.

greg_gorrell
06-29-2005, 12:08 AM
there is a bolt on the left sticking out at the bottom of the engine where you can hook a cocket on to shift gears

F-16Guy
06-30-2005, 04:20 PM
Take it to the dealer. There's a sensor on the transmission that is notorious for going bad on the ES Hondas. I think it should be a recall, because just about everyone I know that has any one of the ES models has had the problem at some point. My buddy at work just had his Rancher's replaced. The sensor was $27, plus whatever the labor was, probably an hour's worth. My Dad's Foreman's was replaced under warranty. Kind of a crappy deal, because you know Honda knows about the problem.