PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the athena 435 kits or what other kits would you recomend?

raptorman2001
06-28-2005, 11:49 AM
i was wondering what you guys think of the athena 435 kits or if you new any better kit what would you recomend?

slicknickz
06-28-2005, 06:38 PM
Buddah has one and he says it runs real good if that helps you out any.

z400clone
06-28-2005, 10:23 PM
Dollar per hp, the athena is the best kit going if you set it up right.

chunk690
06-29-2005, 10:36 PM
have it on mine....runs awesome! no complaints so far!

mecheech
06-30-2005, 11:03 PM
I added my Athena Kit after I stretched my cam chain, figured if I was gonna break down the motor I might as well add some performance parts.
Athena Kit was just over 500 hundy and came with new Niskil sleeved jug and no exchange or core charge, and all the gaskets needed to run higher compression.
Prior to my build I just had a Duncan fatboy4 exhaust, K&N and 1,000 over CDI. My buddy with same but Yoshi exhaust and I used to drag in the sand from start to 4th gear and we were always neck and neck, basically whoever got the holeshot would win.
After my build which did include both Hotcams, Kibble White Valves, DRZe springs, port and polish, and Edelbrock carb, My buddy and I lined up again and I would take him off the line ez and usually had a 4 quad lead by 4th gear.
It was my first ever motor build and was way ez along with my manual. I am considering switching carbs to a FCR but other than that I give the kit an A+.

Sandgod4
07-11-2005, 09:53 PM
I race my brothers, Buddah, Athena all the time up Utahs Sand Mtn. He is my bro. It absolutley rips. Mecheech if you are only beating your buddys Z400 by 4 quad lengths your Athena is a slug and not set up properly. Send the cylinder to DAB racing in Syracuse, Utah.. My bro's will leave a piped Z400 so far behind it isn't even funny.. Not capping on you, just saying you haven't experienced the full wrath of a DAB Racing Athena 434.. Loren Duncan call DAB racing after his YFZ's were getting beat in Oregon by DABs Athena 434's.. Loren Duncan probably never heard of DAB Racing. He does now!!!! Here is a video of me racing a pumped up YFZ. This YFZ lost to a Ron Woods YFZ w/ 2500 dollars in motor work by one quad length three times in a row.. This Athena runs on pump gas.. My bro is the guy I am talking to and he is on his Yoshi 450Z..

http://www.planetsand.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=utahsand&Number=307738&page=0&fpart=1

z400riderz400
07-13-2005, 08:38 AM
I had the athena 434 kit until i dropped a valve and put a hole in the piston but yeah, i had the kit with the DRZ gaskets, both hotcams, h/d cam chain, etc. My wheeler really ripped, ask rider400ex on here. i beat both 450s and a bunch a 400ex's. i am going to get the same kjit again, well worth the money.