PDA

View Full Version : looking for help

grimlin2006
06-28-2005, 09:46 AM
i have a question. if you still have a stock swingarm. will and aftermartket carrier still work in it. i'm looking for a cheap carrier but i'm not sure what i can use. if anybody could help out that would be great. thanx alot :D

roostin_dale
06-28-2005, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by grimlin2006
i have a question. if you still have a stock swingarm. will and aftermartket carrier still work in it. i'm looking for a cheap carrier but i'm not sure what i can use. if anybody could help out that would be great. thanx alot :D

yes it will still work. Also look into a Lonestar or RPM carrier...

grimlin2006
06-28-2005, 01:20 PM
ok, great. i was looking at the RPM carriers and i really like the twin roller one. i was wondering where i might go to get on of those without having to buy it off the internet. i don't have a credit card or amything so i have to try and find things from dealer ships and stuff.. do you think you may be able to help with somthing like that. thanks :confused:

roostin_dale
06-28-2005, 01:23 PM
Most companies will take a check or Money Order ... it will just take longer for you to recieve it. Or ask your local dealer, they will probably be able to order one for you and you can pay them with cash.

grimlin2006
06-28-2005, 01:27 PM
alright great. i thnk i will try at the dealership first then if not maybe try the money order thing. ok another question is if the rear axle will still work in the carrier. i was told that if i got a different carrier that i would need an after market axle also. is this true or was i tricked. just curious because i already have the stock axle and i would hate to have to buy a different one to fit the carrier.

Colby@C&DRacing
06-28-2005, 01:53 PM
The stock axle will work with an aftermarket carrier.

grimlin2006
06-28-2005, 07:19 PM
thanx alot that helps in what i was trying to do but i wasn't sure what i could do with what i have.. hopefully this will work. :) thanx alot for all your help. i also have a question about the lock nut. how tight are you suppose to tighten them. i heard you wern't suppose to tighten them to tight so i just want to make sure that i do it correctly. thanx

roostin_dale
06-28-2005, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by grimlin2006
thanx alot that helps in what i was trying to do but i wasn't sure what i could do with what i have.. hopefully this will work. :) thanx alot for all your help. i also have a question about the lock nut. how tight are you suppose to tighten them. i heard you wern't suppose to tighten them to tight so i just want to make sure that i do it correctly. thanx

im not sure about eveyrone else but i tighten it as much as i possibly can. Also if you have a stock one, put tape aorund it to keep it from slipping.

grimlin2006
06-28-2005, 11:36 PM
what kind of tape .. like duct tape or or what. just a little curious on how that would work ..i would think that the dirt would get to it and make it not stick to the nut anyway.. just wondering.. but thatnx for the info.. also i was looking at a modquad bearing carrier and i was just wondering if they were any good and if they would still work with the stock axle. i'm pretty sure it would but i want another persons opinion also.. if so i think i'm going to go for that one. i can get that at my local dealership for around $180.

roostin_dale
06-29-2005, 06:14 AM
just use alot of electrical tape...and yes your axle will work in any carrier..

grimlin2006
06-30-2005, 12:39 PM
thanx. now when i buy the carrier the collar is already going to be in it correct and i wouldn't have to buy one of those.

Colby@C&DRacing
06-30-2005, 12:51 PM
if its a dual row carrier the center tube will come with it.

grimlin2006
06-30-2005, 12:56 PM
that is the same as twin roller bearing correct.. if so i'm in good shape to get this carrier. it is the lonestar twin roller bearing carrier. is this a good choice or not. thanx

grimlin2006
07-01-2005, 11:10 AM
is the lone star twin roller carrier a good choice to go with. if so i'm giong with it because it is a good brand for a cheap price. let me know what you think. thanx