PDA

View Full Version : Pro Taper Atv HI Bend on and EX

QuadJunkies
06-27-2005, 09:40 PM
Just wondering who has them and how you like them?? I just rdered some and a new clamp(my LSR wont work for these bars :ermm: ) I wanted something w/o alot of bend, Im finding standing I dont like my Atv bend Rethals at all anymore and Im hoping it will make me feel better proportioned now ,especailly on the MX.

FoxRacing81
06-28-2005, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Just wondering who has them and how you like them?? I just rdered some and a new clamp(my LSR wont work for these bars :ermm: ) I wanted something w/o alot of bend, Im finding standing I dont like my Atv bend Rethals at all anymore and Im hoping it will make me feel better proportioned now ,especailly on the MX.

Just my opinion, but I don't think any ATV Bend Bars will be what your looking for. But I could be wrong. Who knows! You might love em.

QuadJunkies
06-28-2005, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by MX610EX
Just my opinion, but I don't think any ATV Bend Bars will be what your looking for. But I could be wrong. Who knows! You might love em. I was going over the dimentions and the ATV Hi bend have the best pitch according to the place I ordered it from, he said it was the straightest bar he saw in the catalog, I guess we will see !:confused:
I was going to go w/ a CR Hi bend, but the bars too low and I actually lose some height.

Flynbryan19
06-28-2005, 08:29 AM
The straightest bars I have ever found are the Rm Low bend, but they are also probably the lowest bar as well.

I used to run a Cr Mid-bend and it was almost as straight as the Rm Low, but taller. I liked this bend best, but that was when I was on dirtbikes. These were both Pro-taper bars. Tina, go onto Pro-taper's website and they have a chart of all the different bends. That should help you out.

QuadJunkies
06-28-2005, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19
The straightest bars I have ever found are the Rm Low bend, but they are also probably the lowest bar as well.

I used to run a Cr Mid-bend and it was almost as straight as the Rm Low, but taller. I liked this bend best, but that was when I was on dirtbikes. These were both Pro-taper bars. Tina, go onto Pro-taper's website and they have a chart of all the different bends. That should help you out.

sweet, Ill go and check it out!

I was hoping to gain a little height, I dont feel my +1 stem is quite enough, plus for FT racing I think a good stragiht bar would work nice when getting sideways, my wrists are always curled inward with the bars I have right now for FT.Out of all the bars I saw, the Atv Hi bend was the tallest and the straightest.
Is there website just pro taper .com?

Myrtle150
06-28-2005, 08:58 AM
Im using CR low bend Tapers w/a 1 inch riser and I love it.

QuadJunkies
06-29-2005, 08:59 AM
Ive already got the whole LSR - Anti vibe set up so I didnt want to use a riser if I didnt have to other wise none of my stuff will fit, thats why I went with a TALLER atv Hi bend instead ;)

QuadJunkies
07-03-2005, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by MX610EX
Just my opinion, but I don't think any ATV Bend Bars will be what your looking for. But I could be wrong. Who knows! You might love em.

You are so correct, I think my Hi bend Pro tapers was worse than my Atv bend Renthals:huh These are NOT gonna work at all... :(

So.............. Should I get the CR Hi-bend PLUS a +2 or maybe even a +3 riser?? I know for sure that the small rise you get from the clamp is no where near being tall enough if I go w/ a low rise bar, Right now thias is what I have....
Its an LSR Anti-vibe +1 w/ a Atv bend Renthal and it feels about 1 inch too low still .

I would like to raise the height AND have a straight bar w/ very little pitch , I think the way the Atv bend Renthals feel to me is very un- natural when standing and I am convinced this is contributing to some of my Arm pump the way my hands are positioned , I also feel "slouched" over the bars when riding, that is why I think I need some lift in height when standing/jumping.

I also moved this thread to where I thought it would get more feedback for others ;)

300ex73
07-03-2005, 11:00 AM
Not sure if you're using the SE type, or the original Pro Tapers. But, if you're using the original style, try looking at the Pastrana FMX bars. They're fairly tall, and have a fairly low amount of pullback to them. I use them with a standard length LSR stem, and they feel retty good, but I'm thinking about getting a +1 stem and seeing how it feels.

07-03-2005, 02:54 PM
the renthal fatbars are the straightest bars out there

QuadJunkies
07-03-2005, 03:02 PM
whats the pitch on them??

07-03-2005, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
whats the pitch on them?? what bend are you looking at, do u want a high atv bend or the dirtbike style height?

QuadJunkies
07-03-2005, 04:15 PM
I want a straighter Bar w/ more height, so I guess a dirtbike bar and riser I guess??? :confused: looks like thats the only choices out there :ermm:

NacsMXer
07-04-2005, 11:18 AM
QJ, check this out if you haven't seen them before. Mini High bends: about 1.5 " taller than CR High bends, a bit narrower and less swept back. Basically one of the tallest straightest bends out there. This bend is similar to the Pastrana FMX. I was going to go with Rox 2" risers with this setup but i'm glad I didn't now. They feel perfect when standing and jumping.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid174/pe20e2f01315975fd8e7e13b2d6eb650a/f38ff994.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid174/p6b8646a10f0ddb400d7a324d832e25b3/f38ff997.jpg

QuadJunkies
07-04-2005, 11:22 AM
I was just looking at some mini bars last night !! I was thinking to myself that a mini bar might make a very good TT/FT bar as well!
Nacs, what size is your stem,and how tall are you?

QuadJunkies
07-04-2005, 11:24 AM
I forgot to ask..... Whats the pros/cons of a narrower bar?? should people w/ lonbger Arms stick with a longer bar,or does that really matter???

Dave400ex
07-04-2005, 04:21 PM
Tina you should get some Flexx Bars... :eek2: ;)

QuadJunkies
07-04-2005, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
Tina you should get some Flexx Bars... :eek2: ;) LOL! I would if I had that much money to spend.... ;) Trust me .. I would.... :(

Dave400ex
07-04-2005, 09:43 PM
I know what you mean. I can't wait to test out the pair I got. My neighbor just bought a set off of friends that got rid of their quads, and now he is getting rid of his, so I am buying them for about half of new, good deal...

NacsMXer
07-05-2005, 07:04 AM
QJ, I am using a stock length stem and i'm only about 5'6". The narrower bar fits me better since my arms aren't as long as a taller rider. If you can imagine having your arms apart like a push-up, that's the position a wider bar will put you in (32" width). The Mini bends are about 30.5" wide so they bring your body out and up more like on the way up from doing a push-up. I would definitely run them with a +1 stem. Keep in mind I am also using adapter which raise the height about 3/4" ( IDK if you are using the adapters or if your +1 stem is already 1 1/8").

QuadJunkies
07-05-2005, 10:08 AM
thanks for that info ;)
I have the LSR clamp w a +1 Stem and its stil a little short for my liking, about one more inch would do the trick I think. I am not an amazon in height lol, but I am 5-10 and do have longer Arms,so Im thinking a longer bar would prol. do better for me so my arms are not too close together???

Well, the shop here locally does have in stock a CR-hi bend Bar, Im going to exchange mine out and a riser also just for the heck of it since its in stock and see how that works if not, then Ill try out the Patrana and see how that works ...

QuadJunkies
07-07-2005, 09:54 AM
after all the BS I hav been threw I have decided Im just going to get he FLexx bars:D NOTHING out there has a sweep Im looking for nor the height, then ... there is no risers I can find that excepts a fat bar :mad: I have looked threw every catalog and found that the Pro - taper Atv Hi IS in fact the tallest and straightest barthat includes the Pastrana and the Cr bends as well.. To get my height up where I want it I would have to not only get a +3 riser, but also replace all my cables to run them or it would be too short of cables. I talked to the guys on the flexx bars today and I think this is what Im looking for. :)

FasstMidnightZ
07-07-2005, 11:16 AM
I like the Fly bar with the banshee bend, And the pro taper CR hi bend is good to

NacsMxer... those tag bars are sharp looking !!

FasstMidnightZ
07-07-2005, 11:25 AM
here mine

FasstMidnightZ
07-07-2005, 11:26 AM
:chinese:

QuadJunkies
07-07-2005, 11:27 AM
I didint care for he CR bend after comparing it to the Atv Hi it has less sweep than the Atv ones did. Had I known this what I would like, I would have got a +2 stem and solved alot of my issues w/ bars.............

But a darn good excuse to buy some flexx bars! lol :p :blah:

And I agree. those Tags look GOOD! :cool:

QuadJunkies
07-07-2005, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by hondaexrider
:chinese: your looks good too ;)

So anyhone know what colors of pads the Flexx bars have to chose from?? My quad colors are a little harder to find stuff to match up with....:ermm:

FasstMidnightZ
07-07-2005, 11:53 AM
hmm ive only seen the black red n' white ones. :ermm: Ill look around

i gotta question. i was riding like 5 mins ago and i notice they seem to bend a little but like not bend just kinda absorb impact and stuff. is that normal ?

QuadJunkies
07-07-2005, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by hondaexrider
hmm ive only seen the black red n' white ones. :ermm: Ill look around

i gotta question. i was riding like 5 mins ago and i notice they seem to bend a little but like not bend just kinda absorb impact and stuff. is that normal ?

yes, that is normal.... ;) Its part of what makes the design so good. well, that will suck its its those colors only, my quad is silver, Orange and black.... :ermm:

FasstMidnightZ
07-07-2005, 01:33 PM
ok thanks i wasnt sure if it was good or not, my stock bars never moved so it felt a little wierd at first, and i havnt found any different colors either .... :ermm: :confused:

Dave400ex
07-07-2005, 10:07 PM
Well see if you just would have listened to me in the first place... ;) I'm sure you will love the flexx bars...

QuadJunkies
07-08-2005, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
Well see if you just would have listened to me in the first place... ;) I'm sure you will love the flexx bars...
are ya kiddin. Women NEVER listen to men........!!
lol ;)

07-12-2005, 12:17 AM
They can handle a lot!