PDA

View Full Version : Question on powerup kit..

Jay300ex
05-28-2002, 06:46 PM
I want to get a K&N Power up kit for my 300ex, I went and looked on their website and it has like, stage 1, stage 2, stage 3.. blah blah, which one do i need? I have a WB muffler and probably will get a header, Will plan on opening up the air box just a little like 4punks has on his just not sure which to get.
Hoping this kit REALLY wakes this sucker up hehe. also on another note, does the WB header for the 300ex improve it a whole lot more? I asked the aftermarket expect at my local honda dealer and he told me that it gives it a little more of a gain because of the way its designed on the inside, but not definatly needed. I also have the queit core insert comming in tomarrow, will that decrease performance or increase any, has anyone noticed anything?

Thanks guys

Jayson

bman's 02 300ex
06-02-2002, 02:45 AM
I did the power up kit on mine and i can pull away from a stock one on hills and on take offs. Do the stage 1 for trail riding. You can't go on there settings for the air screw .It took about 5 times of pulling the carb to find the right setting. i think it is at 4 1/2 turns out on mine. good luck

06-02-2002, 06:40 AM
first of all you should just scrap all of their settings and jet it yourself. there's a million posts on here about how to jet, and you don't have to pull the carb to adjust air mixture screw