PDA

View Full Version : New WB E series

Rastus
05-28-2002, 05:15 PM
I just got my new White Brothers E series full system exhaust.
I put it on, but it seems like the slip-on exhaust has more power, than my full exhaust. Does it take some time for the packing to get worn,etc? Or am i just mistaken? I hope i didnt just waste some money :(

(anyone that has bought a full system, was it kind of faster, then did it get better over time?)

05-28-2002, 05:19 PM
did u rejet it, headers can take away bottom end, makin them feel weaker, but they add it up top

TRX250EXER
05-28-2002, 06:33 PM
yeah if you open up the exhaust more and have less back pressure it will take away bottom end torque. but should give alot more up high.

Rastus
05-28-2002, 07:19 PM
I did have it jetted for my DG closed circuit exhaust. The DG has little bottom, medium mid power, and all the power is in the top. I have the DG full system with the bigger header, and everything.
It ran fine with the stock header on, and with the DG on. I put the WB on, and it seems alittle down on power.

Is it jetting? Does sounds like i need to go bigger, or smaller?
It seems like the jetting should be right, but it might not be.

Any suggestions?

PoopOna400EX
05-28-2002, 07:36 PM
I spoke to WB before I purchased mine, they actually recommended not purchasing the full system, unless you were doing engine modifications. They said the performance would actually be worse. Now that was for my 400ex, but I'm not sure about you. You might call and talk to WB's, if they don't recommend it, then try to send it back to who you purchased it from, they probably should have told you to go with the slip-on if that's the case. Or more than likely they were just happy to get more money. That's what really sold me on WB, they actually recommended the cheaper purchase, not something everyone would be nice enough to do.

Just my thoughts...
~Jason

Rastus
05-28-2002, 08:08 PM
Anyway i can rejet to make it better? All i want to do is get the same, or better performance out of the header, and pipe.
Could it be that the header curls around the engine, instead of going around the stock route?

Oh man, I hope i didnt waste that money, I could have bought some shockwears,some handgaurds, and some new grips :(

Damn, that sucks :(

:grr
(sorry about the explative)

Rastus
05-28-2002, 08:10 PM
I do have alot of engine mods though, anyway that can help?

Rastus
05-28-2002, 08:20 PM
When you say that, do you mean making adjustments, or engines that have been modded?

PoopOna400EX
05-28-2002, 08:23 PM
They said making modification, not just adjusting...

Which I would take as changing cam, boring, etc...

I said I was going to be rejetting, messin with the airbox, etc., they said to go with the slip-on.

I'd just call them, they are really nice...

~Jason

Rastus
05-28-2002, 08:51 PM
Does anyone know the key to discs?
More discs= more low
Less discs=more top
? is that right, or am i wrong?
Do you know their #### ?

Rastus
05-28-2002, 08:59 PM
Come on, I know you guys know this :)
I dont want all the power in low, I just want an even spread , if you know what i mean. Id like to have the low for low RPM wheelies, mid for blasting up hills, and top for getting to top speeds quick.Is there anyway i can correct using my jetting?

Rastus
05-28-2002, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the help guys, this one has me puzzled.hmmmm....

JOEX
05-28-2002, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by '92 : 250X er
Does anyone know the key to discs?
More discs= more low
Less discs=more top
? is that right, or am i wrong?
Do you know their #### ?

I belive it's the other way around.
More discs=more top
Less discs=more bottom

Joe

Rastus
05-29-2002, 11:24 AM
Thanks.

TRX250EXER
05-29-2002, 11:15 PM
If your engine doesnt cut out or backfire than your jetting is fine. But if there are any dead spots in the rpm's than you might have to adjust a little. And yes I think you were backwards.
Less = more bottom. Im pretty sure. But since you have all those engine mods maybe you need more to make the engine breath better. you can order more from WB if you want to. They even sell the screws for if you want to put in a crap load like 30. Try playing around with the disks and try taking out the spark arrester cap just once to see if that helps. and if it does buy more disks. Dont run without that in. my friend just burned out his valves or something from running to long with it wide open.

mcmike
05-30-2002, 08:00 AM
In my experience, when I run with the air box lid off, I have all 12 discs in my 400EX exhaust, If I have to race in very wet conditions, or where they have noise restrictions, I put the lid on and take out 6-8 discs, to keep from taking my carb apart and moving the clip on the needle. As far as how many you need, call WB and ask them their opinion. You might need a list of mods. The question about low end top end, is strange because the ideal back pressure required for your quad may be different than your buddy's. Back pressure is just as important as jetting. You'll just have to dial it in:D

Rastus
05-30-2002, 01:55 PM
I tried it without the new header, and it seems to work alot better. Seems like everyday its getting stronger.I tried taking 6 discs off, and it just ran worse.It also could be that I have a cam made for high RPM's. It definately has more power than his bike, in the higher RPM's. But he has a stock cam, so he has more low. Oh well, Ill leave it like this for a little while. Im happy, because even with the new header on, it has more power than the DG full exhaust. Plus, its quieter.