PDA

View Full Version : got scamed

250wrecker
06-27-2005, 08:56 AM
hey has anyone ever got scamed or screwed over on a deal i THOUGHT i sold my quad i got the check couple weeks ago and i cashed it. the check was for 3500 and i was suppose to take 2200 out of the check and then send 1300 to the guy who was suppose to come pick up the quad but now the guy didnt pick up the quad and i ow my bank 1300 bucks because as soon as i took the 1300 out he stoped the check so i couldnt get money out so im screwed big time has anyone ever had this problum and if so what did u do thanks

2004exrider
06-27-2005, 09:10 AM
wow dude that sucks. there was a post that dealt with this topic not to long ago. i think it was about someone buying somethin over seas and doing the thing were they sent the extra money and you send it back and it screws you over and they get more money. soundsd like this has been happening a lot lately!

Mxjunkie
06-27-2005, 09:17 AM
cash works wonders when your selling something, contact the local pd and they will get with the fraud agency etc, I had it happen to my cr twice on ebay and once with someone local.

06-27-2005, 09:45 AM
Its called "USE PAYPAL" you have no security with personal checks.

derekhonda
06-27-2005, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by 250wrecker
hey has anyone ever got scamed or screwed over on a deal i THOUGHT i sold my quad i got the check couple weeks ago and i cashed it. the check was for 3500 and i was suppose to take 2200 out of the check and then send 1300 to the guy who was suppose to come pick up the quad but now the guy didnt pick up the quad and i ow my bank 1300 bucks because as soon as i took the 1300 out he stoped the check so i couldnt get money out so im screwed big time has anyone ever had this problum and if so what did u do thanks

Not to be mean because I seriously feel for you. But didn't you raise an eyebrow to the thought of sending him cash back when he wrote you a check? Its one of the oldest scams in the book.
And even if it wasn't a scam. Always.....ALWAYS......ALWAYS wait for the bank to give you the ok that the check was good and it cleared before sending out a product or money.

SadisticShee
06-27-2005, 11:43 AM
You've been hosed:eek:

06-27-2005, 04:14 PM
dumb things happen to dumb people....oldest scam in the book, the whole operation is usually run in Africa or another country so there is NO WAY you are getting that money back.

AtvMxRider
06-27-2005, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
dumb things happen to dumb people....oldest scam in the book,

For once I agree with you

wilkin250r
06-27-2005, 05:04 PM
So let me get this straight. He sent you a check for $1300 OVER the amount, and he wanted you to cash the check and send the extra back to him?

And this didn't seem odd to you?

AtvMxRider
06-27-2005, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r

And this didn't seem odd to you?

87250rxrider
06-27-2005, 05:28 PM
i had this problem once before. i told the guy it sounded like a scam, so i only wanted the correct amount to be sent to me, but he sent around 1300 over, so i cut the check(fraudulent cashiers check) in half, and pinned it on my wall where it stays. also, when the guy filled out the paperwork at fedex(to send check) he pressed down lightly, so only his return address didn't show up(guy knows how to do it)(i also have this on my wall). i e-mailed the guy back, and told him that he was an ***hole, and that i knew he was a scammer, he never said a word afterwards. i could have used computer scanning, and special software to retrieve his return address, but i didn't think of it at the time.

06-27-2005, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by 87250rxrider
i had this problem once before. i told the guy it sounded like a scam, so i only wanted the correct amount to be sent to me, but he sent around 1300 over, so i cut the check(fraudulent cashiers check) in half, and pinned it on my wall where it stays. also, when the guy filled out the paperwork at fedex(to send check) he pressed down lightly, so only his return address didn't show up(guy knows how to do it)(i also have this on my wall). i e-mailed the guy back, and told him that he was an ***hole, and that i knew he was a scammer, he never said a word afterwards. i could have used computer scanning, and special software to retrieve his return address, but i didn't think of it at the time.

i talked to one of them on the phone, he called from a african area code. He was straight up retarded. He started yelling at me to send him the extra money and that the check was real and I told him the check was a fake. He then said he would hurt me if I didn't send him the money and I told him he can bring it on. I'm still waiting

fasterblaster09
06-27-2005, 09:09 PM
I had my bike up for sale for $1,700,and he said he thouht it was too cheap,so he wouldgive me $4,500,he would give me a check for $15,000.and wanted me to send it back.He was a bit pushing it.

06-27-2005, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by fasterblaster09
I had my bike up for sale for $1,700,and he said he thouht it was too cheap,so he wouldgive me $4,500,he would give me a check for $15,000.and wanted me to send it back.He was a bit pushing it. there has to be a way to get these guys in there own scam

06-27-2005, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
there has to be a way to get these guys in there own scam

www.419eater.com

its called scam baiting.. you scam the scammer.. just recently (within the past month) i got one of those twats to send me 20 bux (which i used to purchase cigarettes) for a postage stamp..

Once you get one email, and reply to it, your email address goes out to a "good list" so to speak, and you get a TON of these things.. you could have a ball with them ...

check out that site, its pppimp

Jesse