PDA

View Full Version : ohlins?

reddeisel
06-26-2005, 09:27 PM
does anyone here use or know what ohlins shocks are like? and how do they compare to elka or works?

rob-u/21
06-26-2005, 09:54 PM
I dont own a set but i have been told they are really good. I dont know much about them but they are more of a progressive shock rather than different spring rates. They are pricey though.

jak1389
06-27-2005, 06:12 AM
i have a pair of ohlin dual rate with piggy back rezzies. i love them!! i ridden on elkas ans they seemed to have a smooth ride compared to mine. but mine are vavled for a 230lb rider and i am 160lbs. its not a smooth as i want but they really take hard hits and i never bottomed out on them. i would fly threw the trails and they soften up when your moving around though. with the track i like them the way they are. they didn't feel stiff and i cased a 60ft and nothing. i just rolled off it. so yea i am very happy with what i got and how much i had to pay for them. i pay a grand total of $232 for them. check on ebay. not alot of people buy them because they are sucha good quality and thats costs good money. so not many people have them and really understand how good of a shock they really are.

06-27-2005, 01:26 PM
They are a good shock. Components comprable to any on the market. They are a little more expensive than elka and do take a little more time but all and all very good components. Normally pretty close out of the box.

tater_kamik
06-27-2005, 11:18 PM
great stuff for motorcycles!

06-29-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by tater_kamik
great stuff for motorcycles! yea i have ohlins on my quad and my rm-z and i love them, ohlins gets a bad rap because they were on c-dale, but they werent high quality shocks,ohlins only made shocks to c-dales specs.