PDA

View Full Version : Honda 300ex chain?

go_mac
06-26-2005, 08:11 PM
How do you tighten the chain on a Honda 300ex. I'm not the most mechanically inclined person, so a detailed explanation would be appreciated. I think you loosen the four bolts on the side of the chain. Then what?

06-26-2005, 09:18 PM
if you are talking about the four bolts that hold the sprocket on then no you should leave those alone, you start by loosening the two allen bolts on the back of the swing arm then you just get a really big flat head screw driver and stick it into one of the slots on the thing-a-ma-jig next to the sprocket and pull it towards you, make sure to leave enough slack in the chain though, if you tighten it too much itll snap

go_mac
06-27-2005, 01:27 PM
Alright, I loosend the two allen bolts on the bearing carrier. I just don't understand where I put the screwdriver in it?? And what to do after that? Thanks for any help...

Trevor
06-27-2005, 01:33 PM
on the left side there are i think 3 slots put in in that slot. Make sure you loosend the two allen bolts off good and also make sure your scred driver fits in the groove tight you can also ye like a 10mm wrench. just be carefull you don't crack the carrier!!!!!!!!!

go_mac
06-27-2005, 01:42 PM
What do you do after you put it in a slot?

JRP
06-27-2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by yzfmxer
if you are talking about the four bolts that hold the sprocket on then no you should leave those alone, you start by loosening the two allen bolts on the back of the swing arm then you just get a really big flat head screw driver and stick it into one of the slots on the thing-a-ma-jig next to the sprocket and pull it towards you, make sure to leave enough slack in the chain though, if you tighten it too much itll snap

jus what he said. that what i do on my 300(when i use to ride it)

300ex mxracer
06-28-2005, 07:53 AM
pull it towards u till u have a lil over an inch of movement in the chain