PDA

View Full Version : The sunny side of MHSC

yfz450xc
06-26-2005, 01:27 PM
The sunny side of MHSC
After attemding this weekends March of Dimes race I saw alot of things I think people forget sometimes.
Committment
The gung ho attitude of Mo Dirt riders putting up with the hot weather for 7-8 days laying down a course for everyone to enjoy and spending thier own time away from work out of thier own pocket. Did they recieve any money or anything in return NO.
Gratitude
2 people everyone overlooks all most of the time; Johnny and Monica Kellison.
These 2 great people drove for 7 hours with thier children down to the race so Monica could take some pictures and do a race report and Johnny work the race.
Was there any money for them or gas money even?
Or how about Johnny working a race for a work average which he is not sure how many more he will attend in Missourri.
and monica traveling the course on foot to snap pictures of everyone.
Honor
Geoff George taking up the iniative of getting together get well cards for the MHSC president who everyone knows the 2 dont get along ; but overlooking his issues and being a man doing what is right.
Dedication
Gaylon Harris a ATv rider who took several days off work and went down to Flat river and worked for FREE no work average or any thing his own time spent for the race.
Enjoyment
Miller photo going to all these races doing the photo's we all enjoy and with true professionalism; yes we pay them for the photo's but if you have ever seen the huge setup they have and the rig they haul around I am sure that it is safe to say they are not making a Killing on it with the cost of equipment and gas, so it has to be enjoyment.

These are only a few people who make MHSC what it is , not the officers or the promoter's but the people behind the scene who ask for nothing in return; it is these people who keep our sport alive.
Yes our officers and promoters do a outstanding job as well and My hat is off to them for thier countless hours of hard work and listening to ME whine.

Until Florcene Mo so long.
Scott B Johnson

shep
06-26-2005, 04:25 PM
:bandit: On another positive note , the youth race yesterday was the best i have seen or herd of,it was perfect!!!.............other races and serries would do well to duplicate !!! AS for John and Monica there are not words to descibe how wonderfull these people are on and off the track, thank you Johny and Monica!!

Johnny & Monica
06-26-2005, 08:06 PM
That's very sweet of the both of you. We feel the same about the both of you too.

If anyone has pics of the kids race and needs help posting them email them to me at monicac70@yahoo.com and I'll post them up. I know the kids had a lot of fun racing and wish we hadn't missed it.:( Like little Shep said I was going fast!!!!

burrows
06-26-2005, 09:00 PM
who won?

Johnny & Monica
06-27-2005, 12:30 AM
Senger
Hulsey
Hicks

jhoppa
06-27-2005, 09:21 AM
Hats off to all the volunteers to put this race on!!!!

Great event!

This is my first year racing harescrambles and so far I am having a great time, even though I have only finished a couple events.

All clubs struggle to get workers. I am race director at St. Louis Karting Association and we always have worker issues. More people who are willing to help the better the event will be.

MHSC does a great job. Look forward to the next race!!!

Johnny & Monica
06-28-2005, 06:53 AM
Here's a sunny Missouri thought..................Duane Johnson is currently putting Missouri on the map at the GNCC', holding second in Pro-am at the GNCC and 13th in the overall.:D Way to represent Missouri Duane !!!!!

yfz450xc
06-28-2005, 07:07 AM
Way to go Duane that is a positive note for sure and I saw Rhett Butler on the Photo's as well.
GET"R DONE BOYS :D :D

SHEP400EX
06-28-2005, 10:15 PM
i'm with you scott! i talked to greg kinkler's wife last week and she informed me that her and greg bring alot of their own stuff for this race and that it usually takes them several trips to get it done. greg did a great job of running the race and all the help to keep it running smoothly. also the start going downtown appeared to be the best i have seen organized. i'm out- the other shep. :)

SHEP400EX
06-28-2005, 10:36 PM
hey john how was your cart racing on sunday? i tried to come but got stuck in st louis. we'll have to get together while i'm working up there, hope you get your bike fixed soon. i just picked up my new axle hope to be at jamestown see ya, tony shepherd

jhoppa
06-28-2005, 11:29 PM
Shep,

It was HOT!!! I did not race, got stuck playing race director...

Racing was good, had a nice time recovering from Saturday.

Every muscle in my body hurt, but nothing compared to my butt...

I will never forget to lube up with Petrolum Jelly again....:D

www.slka.net if you want to check it out...

yfz450xc
06-29-2005, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by SHEP400EX
i'm with you scott! i talked to greg kinkler's wife last week and she informed me that her and greg bring alot of their own stuff for this race and that it usually takes them several trips to get it done. greg did a great job of running the race and all the help to keep it running smoothly. also the start going downtown appeared to be the best i have seen organized. i'm out- the other shep. :)

Tony make sure they get your work average in because it is not on the score board like they are in round 8.
Scott

geogeorge
06-29-2005, 07:13 PM
Scott very kind of you to make mention of my getting frank a card. I'm sure if it were me in that shap he would do the same.

As someone very invalved with the MofD race amd it being my baby I would like to say thank you to every one that came and raced, worked, took photos and just had a good time. It makes me very prod of all of you when I see the money we raised, the good we do and heck it brins tears to my eyes to see that line of quads heading into town.

Your all great people and again thanks for coming and racing. By the way the bike guys loved the trak on sunday just not the heat. Maybe we should move the date to the end of Oct?

What do you all think?

Geoff

P.S. Tom don't even think of saying something smarta**. I know what you drive.:devil:

Johnny & Monica
06-29-2005, 09:53 PM
Make sure not to put it on Ironman weekend or the 12 hours if ya'll decide to move it to October.:D What about the other flat river race that time of year.

5valves
06-30-2005, 07:48 PM
Your all great people and again thanks for coming and racing. By the way the bike guys loved the trak on sunday just not the heat. Maybe we should move the date to the end of Oct?

What do you all think?

Geoff

P.S. Tom don't even think of saying something smarta**. I know what you drive.:devil: [/B][/QUOTE]

heck yes. Oct is a great month to race. I ride the bike all winter. I would rather race in Jan than July.

jhoppa
06-30-2005, 09:03 PM
Coming from an out-of-shape newbie. Racing in cooler months is great!

I like harescramble events and riding on different trails and territory. No matter what the weather, I would attend.

balls2da-wall
07-01-2005, 12:30 AM
Can someone explain this work average stuff and why people want to work races so bad...im from Iowa and I dont understand all this work stuff you guys are talking about...sorry im ignorant:confused:

yfz450xc
07-01-2005, 04:31 AM
Rider are allowed 1 work day or average per year, add up your 5 best races then devide them by 5 and that will be your work average points for the season which is added to your score.
It is suppose to get racers involved and help out the promoters.
It is good to see the other side as well, alot of people use them for broke down machine's or being hurt whether that is fair or not
I can not make that call . But it needs to be done fairly for everyone.
Scott

Lime400EX
07-01-2005, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by yfz450xc
Way to go Duane that is a positive note for sure and I saw Rhett Butler on the Photo's as well.
GET"R DONE BOYS :D :D

Lets not forget about Bryan Baker who was the 2 time MSHC Champ and the 2002 GNCC Champ. He is currently running 9th overall.

tprender
07-01-2005, 05:57 PM
We had talked about moving the N of D race to Oct. But, that is when the Mudders have there race there. You don't want to race the same place a few weeks apart? Also, you think that the dust is bad now, it will be worst (most of the time ) in the fall. Carl used to have the Grand Prix on the 1st weekend in Oct all of the time and the Mudders would have there XC race in the spring for him. I think that everytime that I ran it back then it was dusty. In June you only have a 50/50 chance of being dusty.