PDA

View Full Version : header pipe changed color after first ride.

RRP
06-26-2005, 05:17 AM
Ok heres what I have so far.2005 300ex.I put a FMF powercore4 exhaust which comes with the header pipe.K&N air filter with outers prefilter.I rejetted the carb to a 128 and turned out the pilot screw 3 turns per dynojets instructions.I am running with the airbox lid on.I road it yesterday for the first time with these mods.I did some hilly trail riding,a few laps around a private track and a few full trottle practice drags against a buddy of mine(about 3 hours of riding total in 90 degree temp.).The bike seems to run great with these mods and seems to have quite abit more torque( I was having a hard time keeping the front end down on the trails).My question is.My pipe turned blue right ahead of the exhaust port and turned a gold color the rest of the way almost to the muffler.Am I running lean? or is it the pipe quality?The pipe looks like its chrome plated not stainless but I can't be sure.I haven't pulled the plug yet but if its clean can I bump up to say a 130 jet?Or should I leave it where it is?Thanks in advance.Roy

K_Fulk
06-26-2005, 06:55 AM
Thats normal.

HondaEXrider22
06-26-2005, 07:14 AM
Yea from the heat it changes colors.

RRP
06-26-2005, 09:41 AM
Thanks.I did pull my plug.It was clean with a tannish color on the center electrode.

DeerNuts
06-26-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by RRP
Thanks.I did pull my plug.It was clean with a tannish color on the center electrode.

Then you are good to go.