PDA

View Full Version : Vforce VS 400ex??

wheelinforlife
06-25-2005, 08:24 PM
Stock for stock what woul dhappen? ANd if the ex had some mods?

hardkoratvmxr
06-25-2005, 08:27 PM
vforce and wait vforce :D

jak1389
06-25-2005, 08:30 PM
honestly i think the ex would get the jump but the v-force would be right behind it and easily pass the ex within a short distance.

chucked
06-25-2005, 09:28 PM
I beat a stock vforce, I have 416 10.8:1 JE piston, hot cam stage 2, port and polish, big gun exhaust, k&n, no airbox lid. I slowly walked away from it the whole race.

Mr Limpy
06-26-2005, 09:34 PM
I have an 01 ex with bolt on mods. Just bought a new v-force and anyone saying that a 400ex can beat a v-force is a crack head. There is absolutly no comparison. I piped my v-force and it pulls HARD...and I am still breaking it in. It is the direction sport quads are going. Mark my words!

nowukno
06-26-2005, 09:44 PM
Me and some friends were racing last week at a straight away were we ride , I have a 450r with the mods listed below , there was also a v-force with a pro circuit full system and a piped/jetted raptor , i never got to race the v-force because he had to leave but i beat the raptor by 3-4 lenghts every time and the raptor beat the v-force by about 2 lenghts. We all have about the same skill and weigh around the same. By the way the race was only long enough for me to be in 5th gear for a couple seconds.

chucked
06-26-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Mr Limpy
I have an 01 ex with bolt on mods. Just bought a new v-force and anyone saying that a 400ex can beat a v-force is a crack head. There is absolutly no comparison. I piped my v-force and it pulls HARD...and I am still breaking it in. It is the direction sport quads are going. Mark my words!

dude, im dead serious what I said, no lie, I will try and video tape it but he will probably not race me again.

nowukno
06-26-2005, 10:26 PM
I agree with you chucked , one of my friends has a setup similar to yours with the 416 kit and stuff and it rips , probaly would beat a v-force.

Mr Limpy
06-26-2005, 10:33 PM
That might be true that you beat him but take it from someone who has both bikes and rides them both hard, this kfx700 is F***ing insane. ...and my 400ex is not slow. I cant wait to uncork this 700 and start really puting some after market mods on it. I have put an White bro's pro carbon on it and it sounds like a damn ducati at idle. When I pop the throttle (gota be careful, still breaking it in) it pulls hard and sounds like a sprint car. My only fear is it will not be as dependable as my 400ex. I am telling ya, it is the way quads are heading. Could you imagine if ktm would build a quad and put that v-twin they put together in a quad...holy ****!

chucked
06-26-2005, 10:43 PM
it was a stock vforce that i raced.

Rico
06-27-2005, 12:52 PM
Coming from a 400ex owner and fan, the V-force would spank the ex's azzzzzzzz.......:devil:

chucked
06-27-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Coming from a 400ex owner and fan, the V-force would spank the ex's azzzzzzzz.......:devil: no, ur just used to a slow friggen pos :)

JRP
06-27-2005, 02:11 PM
yea i think the ex would loose.

PHIL_B54
06-27-2005, 05:01 PM
are we talking drag race or what?

ive beat a couple v-forces dragging at Little Sahara. they were piped and everything. I wasnt impressed at all...everyone else was kicking my butt, so they must have been way slow

Mr Limpy
06-27-2005, 05:59 PM
Sorry phil but they are not "way slow". I give you credit for being a diehard ex fan, I personally LOVE mine and dont think anything on the market will touch its dependability, but, the v-force will beat it. Look at the fact that it has almost twice the cc's. Nothing substitutes displacement for horespower. I am sure yours is extremly fast. Looks like you put alot of money into it. They have a kit for the v-force that is probably comprable to the money you put into yours and the article says that the quad has more power than anybody could ever use on a quad. Being a power hungry slut that I am, I highly doubt that could be true. Can never have too much power....:D

meanyellow03ex
06-27-2005, 08:35 PM
The V-forces I've seen have been fairly unimpressive. A buddys Predator walks them with ease. A lightly modded 400ex would take the wholeshot but may loose after 3rd gear is gone. I don't know if I could get over that trans whine.

04'400ex'er
06-27-2005, 08:37 PM
I have a really good friend with a stock v force that i have raced twice at little sahara. the first time they were both stock and he spanked me and the last time was 2 days ago with his being stock and mine with the exhaust and hotcam. I beat him out of the hole every time but he slowly caught me and by the time we were at the end of the drag strip he was 1/2 to 1 length ahead of me. BUT, i was tweaking on my carb all weekend because of the cam being put in the day before the trip. Never could get the bike to idle and it seemed to be running extremely hot. So the jetting was off. If i was dialed in it would probably be a dead heat or me by a nose.

Mr Limpy
06-27-2005, 09:25 PM
You get that thing tuned right and you probably will beat the kfx. The 400's have some pretty hot hop up kits. Thanks for being honest unlike some of these youngens on this site. I wanted to pump my 400ex up more then I have but I am afraid to lose one of the best things about the quad...its reliability. Are you worried about that?

PHIL_B54
06-28-2005, 05:38 AM
Sorry phil but they are not "way slow". I give you credit for being a diehard ex fan, I personally LOVE mine and dont think anything on the market will touch its dependability, but, the v-force will beat it. Look at the fact that it has almost twice the cc's. Nothing substitutes displacement for horespower. I am sure yours is extremly fast. Looks like you put alot of money into it. They have a kit for the v-force that is probably comprable to the money you put into yours and the article says that the quad has more power than anybody could ever use on a quad. Being a power hungry slut that I am, I highly doubt that could be true. Can never have too much power....:D

no...im serious they were way slow. I suck and my quad isnt really that fast.

there were two of them set-up identical, and I lined up figuring that i would get smoked. I dont know, maybe they were poor drivers, maybe werent jetted correctly, and maybe had crapy paddles. Either way, from the sound of it, they were probibly not representative of what v-forces can do.

bigvforcer
06-28-2005, 06:15 AM
To start out, if the rider has any knowledge of the v-force it will walk even a lightly modded to maybe a mmedium modded 400. The v-force is not a long distance drag racer. The best distance to race them is no more than 300 to 400 feet. I have personally seen v-forces beat modded predators and raptors.

The v-force will take about any quad off the line because they do not have a clutch so to say, if the revs are high enough before takeoff, the clutch it does have will already be engaged and the rider just has to nail the throttle to take off.

to anyone that might care check out www.fundypowersports.com
he is making awesome power from the v-twin motor and has a few videos on his website to prove it.

vinson581
06-28-2005, 08:18 AM
my friends STOCK ds650 walks ALL OVER a STOCK v-force.

now my 400ex drag in a open field against the ds was extreamly impressive. and everyone who watched asked what i had in the bike. yea obivously hey took me at the end, but right to 5th gear we were DEAD even, i took him on the holeshot a little, but it was dead even till i ran outta juice, at 69-70mph and the ds walked by me at 75 easy i wouldnt doubt. he threw a HMF pipe on after that and holy ***** that thing pulls hard as heck now!! no way a v-force is that much quicker then a 400, mabey in top speed, but just think of how much power is sucked up through the auto belt.

v581

MR.BIG
06-28-2005, 10:07 AM
That might be true that you beat him but take it from someone who has both bikes and rides them both hard, this kfx700 is F***ing insane. ...and my 400ex is not slow. I cant wait to uncork this 700 and start really puting some after market mods on it. I have put an White bro's pro carbon on it and it sounds like a damn ducati at idle. When I pop the throttle (gota be careful, still breaking it in) it pulls hard and sounds like a sprint car. My only fear is it will not be as dependable as my 400ex. I am telling ya, it is the way quads are heading. Could you imagine if ktm would build a quad and put that v-twin they put together in a quad...holy ****!

If you think the v-force is that insane you need to ride more quads.

jmoney45
06-28-2005, 10:42 AM
Coming from someone who's owned a 400ex, 450R, and V force the v force would walk all over a stock 400 ex. No comparison. The V force would take my 450 off the line until around 3rd gear, then the 450 would ride right by. I can't imagine any stock 400 ex hanging with a v force in a drag race. Now modified I'm not sure. If both are modded I would think the V would still win.

jsmith2232
06-28-2005, 05:17 PM
My ex withthe mods listed vs a stock vforce on the sand and on the gravel road are neck to neck all the way, my buddy and i have raced probably 50 times next to eachother and we still get the same result. but i think it would spank a stock ex

Mr Limpy
06-28-2005, 06:39 PM
Hey Mr big, I have rode the fastest stock quad out there...the 500 zilla. Which in stock form would smoke the 450 r I have no dought. I have never rode a 450r though. Rode many others from the ds650 to the crapter to an alcohol burnin banshee. I hate to say it but these new kfx's are the most fun to ride. The pumped up banshee was way cool but I wouldn't want to own it. Cant stear the damn thing when the front end wont stay down. :confused:

04'400ex'er
06-28-2005, 07:09 PM
You get that thing tuned right and you probably will beat the kfx. The 400's have some pretty hot hop up kits. Thanks for being honest unlike some of these youngens on this site. I wanted to pump my 400ex up more then I have but I am afraid to lose one of the best things about the quad...its reliability. Are you worried about that? im not too worried about the reliability issue. it did die on me once and I had to choke it a lil to get it to start back up. my next plans were for a 416, but the ol' 400 is goin on the market VERY soon for a fofitty.

EPDP99
06-28-2005, 07:49 PM
my 465 waisted a piped one and my quads timing was one tooth off on the cam from the motor builder and I got beat by a 426ex. but now that she is timed it wont hold a candle.....

MadMax27
06-28-2005, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by jak1389
honestly i think the ex would get the jump but the v-force would be right behind it and easily pass the ex within a short distance.

I know, I got the jump ( my 400 has a full HMF )
then this kid blew the doors of me ( He had a full DMC ) sickest sounding quad Ive heard, V-force with DMC dual.......

greg_gorrell
06-28-2005, 08:38 PM
yeah i dont care what anyone says, a v-force is a mean *** quad. but one of my buddies has a stock zilla 500 in perfect shape, hes the original owner and i have ridden it down the road and i can assure you that it will smoke any stock fourwheeler ever made. and btw, its an '87 if that means anything.

Mr Limpy
06-28-2005, 10:05 PM
Hey Greg, does he want to sell that zilla. Love my kfx700 and 400ex but I would love to own a legend. These kfx's piped do sound sick...
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

MoToX199
06-29-2005, 08:15 AM
my 460ex smoked 4 different kfx's and one of them had so much crap done to it it was unbeleivable but my 460 still stompped the **** out of it,yea granted kfx's are new and upcoming but 400ex's will never die out,and with a few mods they usually do end up beating how this new age crap, so yea a 400ex can beat a kfx if it is ridden rite

bigvforcer
06-29-2005, 09:24 AM
I absolutely love it. "My 575EX beat a stock KFX700 and it was on tooth off on timing"", My highly modded ex beat a stock kfx700 in a drag race through the desert."

Come on guys, stock for stock the 700 will beat a 400. Spending same amounts of money on both the 700 will still win. Drag racing quads takes place in 300 to 500 feet. Hardly anyone runs farther than that unless they are going up sand dunes.

I can gaurantee you one thing, at the end of the day when you are tired of shifting gears I will be still enjoying everything because I can hit the gas and go!!!!!!!!!!

YOU ARE FREE NOW TO ARGUE AMONGST YOURSELVES ABOUT WHAT I JUST SAID. I WILL SIT BACK AND WATCH!!!!!!!!

Mr Limpy
06-29-2005, 07:13 PM
Hey bigvforcer, what kind of mods have you done so far? Did you change the sping? If so, what color? Jets, pipe, air box??? Did you see the artical on the 800 big bore kit? WOW!!!!!!!

Trick400ex....the xr400 motor is outdated. Good motor, but primitive. Everything must come to an end someday. The warrior was good for its day but it is now bye bye. Sorry if you think that the wave of the future is crap.

bigvforcer
06-29-2005, 07:29 PM
I started out with the stock spring and put t-4 duels from Kawasaki and pro-circuit on there. They were entirely too loud so now I am waiting on money to buy a muzzy.

I have ridden quads with orange/blue springs in them and I highly recommmend that spring if you like a little bit of stall. With that sping there is pretty much no 400ex that can stand up to you unless they have gobs of money invested in it. The spring gives you just enough wheelspin to not wheelie and start out at WFO. I have heard the EPI Maroon has a higher stall and is better for straight up dragracing.

04'400ex'er
06-29-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by bigvforcer
I absolutely love it. "My 575EX beat a stock KFX700 and it was on tooth off on timing"", My highly modded ex beat a stock kfx700 in a drag race through the desert."

Come on guys, stock for stock the 700 will beat a 400. Spending same amounts of money on both the 700 will still win. Drag racing quads takes place in 300 to 500 feet. Hardly anyone runs farther than that unless they are going up sand dunes.

I can gaurantee you one thing, at the end of the day when you are tired of shifting gears I will be still enjoying everything because I can hit the gas and go!!!!!!!!!!

YOU ARE FREE NOW TO ARGUE AMONGST YOURSELVES ABOUT WHAT I JUST SAID. I WILL SIT BACK AND WATCH!!!!!!!! First off, I don't know how anyone in the sport quad scene could ever be "tired of shifting gears". :rolleyes: second off, how can you cry about people talking about their modified 400's and 416's and even 465's smokin kfx's, modded or not, when the kfx is a v-twin 700. come on now, that would be a slight advantage in its own there. and if you wanna talk about spending equal amoutnts of money then we will compare the priced of the quads off the showroom floor and then see what the honda has left to play with to equal what the kfx costs. I bet there's enough to build a 400 to smoke the kfx. So you just SIT BACK AND WATCH the ol' "highly modified" 400's outrun your automatic, in a class of its own, kfx

Mr Limpy
06-29-2005, 08:20 PM
GEEZ 04'400ex'er

Why not cry a little more about it. You do know there is a diplomatic way to get your point across without snivveling and kicking the ground. I noticed your age is not posted, let me guess, you haven't hit pubirty yet.

I personally hated the idea of an automatic....untill I got some seat time. Just like I used to hate diesel engines until i pulled with one.

400ex is not that much cheeper then a v-force silly boy.

04'400ex'er
06-29-2005, 08:27 PM
GEEZ 04'400ex'er

Why not cry a little more about it. You do know there is a diplomatic way to get your point across without snivveling and kicking the ground. I noticed your age is not posted, let me guess, you haven't hit pubirty yet.

I personally hated the idea of an automatic....untill I got some seat time. Just like I used to hate diesel engines until i pulled with one.

400ex is not that much cheeper then a v-force silly boy. well you sure are a mature one yourself, with your little puberty joke. afraid im not crying, just stating the facts. well can you touch a v force for $4799? because here is a number where you can. 1-800-750-5357 give them a call stud. you talk like you know engines with your diesel story. it is common knowledge that a diesel will outpull any gasoline motor created. and are much more easily modified. you just shoulda got your facts straight. I guess thats what you get for thinkin... or hating.

Mr Limpy
06-29-2005, 08:42 PM
You still have not disclosed your age. ...Little boy

SheeRider
06-29-2005, 09:03 PM
GEEZ 04'400ex'er

400ex is not that much cheeper then a v-force silly boy. EWWW an internet tuff guy!!!!!who cares which one will win in a drag, ride and have fun. If you want a drag bike get a banshee, if you want an old man's bike get a kfx700:eek2:. I have seen a stock prarie 650 beat a stock 400ex in a drag many times.

Oh, and before you ask Mr Limpy (wiffey call you that?) im 15.

04'400ex'er
06-29-2005, 10:11 PM
You still have not disclosed your age. ...Little boy im speechless old man. and im 23. hope you sleep better tonight knowing that.

MoToX199
06-30-2005, 05:27 AM
04'400'exer is right the kfx is a 700 and its getting its *** kicked by many 400's so it cant be all that great if its 300cc bigger and its getting beat by 400's, yea i kno that the 400ex motor is outdated alittle,but like i said with alittle mods its beating these new age crap,and if you dont like shifting then you shouldnt even be riding quads,my little bro is 8 and he can ride the **** out of his 250,so you must be pretty lazy to have to ride a automatic

bigvforcer
06-30-2005, 07:00 AM
I suggest that you ride a kfx700 before you ever knock one. I have ridden many 400, 416, 426, 440ex's, 450R's, yfz450's and plenty of banshee and raptors. I can tell you that ease of use is three times as good. When you are waxing your chain, making sure it is tight, and checking everything out I am already riding. When your chain breaks on the trail, I will go back to the truck to get one for you. When you bottom out going over a stick I will cross right over it like it is nothing.

And last but not least, when you pull up next to me at a drag strip and the lights go down the tree until they are green I will take you from beginning to end. Then at the end of the track i will hand your ego back to you in a small jar because it was crushed as I went down the track.

Good luck and remember this is all in fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
;)

JR3
06-30-2005, 08:20 AM

Its not a sport quad its a utility sport quad. Ive rode 1 stock and they rip. If only they shaved a lot of weight off it made it a manual tranny with a clutch etc. You would see some on the mx track.

JR3
06-30-2005, 08:23 AM
I suggest that you ride a kfx700 before you ever knock one. I have ridden many 400, 416, 426, 440ex's, 450R's, yfz450's and plenty of banshee and raptors. I can tell you that ease of use is three times as good. When you are waxing your chain, making sure it is tight, and checking everything out I am already riding. When your chain breaks on the trail, I will go back to the truck to get one for you. When you bottom out going over a stick I will cross right over it like it is nothing.

And last but not least, when you pull up next to me at a drag strip and the lights go down the tree until they are green I will take you from beginning to end. Then at the end of the track i will hand your ego back to you in a small jar because it was crushed as I went down the track.

;)

Dont want to be a dick but its a lot easier and cheaper to repace a chain then a drive shaft.

JR3
06-30-2005, 08:24 AM

;)

Dont want to be a dick but its a lot easier and cheaper to repace a chain then a drive shaft.

MR.BIG
06-30-2005, 10:34 AM
Hey Mr big, I have rode the fastest stock quad out there...the 500 zilla. Which in stock form would smoke the 450 r I have no dought. I have never rode a 450r though. Rode many others from the ds650 to the crapter to an alcohol burnin banshee. I hate to say it but these new kfx's are the most fun to ride. The pumped up banshee was way cool but I wouldn't want to own it. Cant stear the damn thing when the front end wont stay down. :confused:

Well I have owned two quadzilla's. One was set up for ice racing and the other one was almost stock except for bolt on's. They are extremely fast just a little on the heavy side. I think a 450r with a a pipe and cam would give the 5oo a good run.

MoToX199
06-30-2005, 11:23 AM
ok mr.big you think your **** is hot stuff lets setup a drag and then you will see that i will be YOUR *** to you,and if my chain does break ill be so far ahead of your lazy *** on that piece of **** kfx that i will be able to fix it be4 you even get there, also who cares if you have ridden bunch of different quads we all have,but see you have only ridden them,your sacred **** of them cuz there hell of a alot faster then your kfx and you a fraid your gonin to hurt your little wimpy *** so come talk to me when you get a real quad that will actually give a challenge

MoToX199
06-30-2005, 11:23 AM
ok mr.big you think your **** is hot stuff lets setup a drag and then you will see that i will be YOUR *** to you,and if my chain does break ill be so far ahead of your lazy *** on that piece of **** kfx that i will be able to fix it be4 you even get there, also who cares if you have ridden bunch of different quads we all have,but see you have only ridden them,your sacred **** of them cuz there hell of a alot faster then your kfx and you a fraid your gonin to hurt your little wimpy *** so come talk to me when you get a real quad that will actually give a challenge

MoToX199
06-30-2005, 11:24 AM

MoToX199
06-30-2005, 11:24 AM

Rico
06-30-2005, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by MR.BIG
Well I have owned two quadzilla's. One was set up for ice racing and the other one was almost stock except for bolt on's. They are extremely fast just a little on the heavy side. I think a 450r with a a pipe and cam would give the 5oo a good run.

My 416 has hung right with a piped and HRC kitted 450R, but I doubt it could hang with a 500cc 2 stroke????

:huh :eek2: :huh

this entire thread is loaded with horse chit from the get go.

troutman561
06-30-2005, 12:06 PM
did trick400ex say he was gona be Mr.bigs *****?

Quote:
ok mr.big you think your **** is hot stuff lets setup a drag and then you will see that i will be YOUR ***

troutman561
06-30-2005, 12:07 PM

Quote:
ok mr.big you think your **** is hot stuff lets setup a drag and then you will see that i will be YOUR ***

troutman561
06-30-2005, 12:31 PM
ooo i know why he said that, because all the chit that is coming from his mouth and the tears coming from his eyes make it alittle wet....

damn can no one get along here, i feel like im back in 6th grade listening to the little girls argue when i read this..

MR.BIG
06-30-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by trick400ex

What in the hell are you talking about? Read the posts stupid!
I ride a 450r not a kfx so if you want to race lets go. Learn how to post!

MR.BIG
06-30-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by troutman561

Quote:
ok mr.big you think your **** is hot stuff lets setup a drag
and then you will see that i will be YOUR ***

I think that is what he is saying!

troutman561
06-30-2005, 02:26 PM
i dont know why a $$ came out with 5 * but anyways, how do you become someones A $$

bigvforcer
06-30-2005, 05:03 PM
trick400ex,

do you feel better now that we know you can cuss like a sailor when you are only a teenager.

Youa re blowing it a little bit out of proportion here but if you are close enough I will drag race you. I have nothing to lose. I could really care less!!

You tell me where you are and I will tell you where I am at. If we are close enough we can find someplace that runs atv drags and we can have a friendly drag race. Winner gets bragging rights!!

fair enough for you?????????????/

MoToX199
06-30-2005, 06:23 PM
sorry mr.big i totally got the wrong person so my apologies to you,but bigvforcer is the one that i meant it to, and dude troutman you think your all tuff with your little cryin joke,wat the hell should i be cryin from? oh wait im laughin so hard from you and bigvforcer that tears are comin out,ill race you and bigvforcer,but just be prepared when i hand your *** to you at the finish line and then we will see who is cryin

MoToX199
06-30-2005, 06:23 PM
sorry mr.big i totally got the wrong person so my apologies to you,but bigvforcer is the one that i meant it to, and dude troutman you think your all tuff with your little cryin joke,wat the hell should i be cryin from? oh wait im laughin so hard from you and bigvforcer that tears are comin out,ill race you and bigvforcer,but just be prepared when i hand your *** to you at the finish line and then we will see who is cryin

04'400ex'er
06-30-2005, 07:08 PM

;) I have ridden 2 kfx's. my dad has a prairie 700. the ease of use is easier, but ease of use is not the goal. speed is. thats like comparing a cadillac to a indy car. you cant have it all. and that was a good little story you wrote about your little drag race. sounds like you fantisize about that.:p Oh... i almost forgot. you will be checking the tension on your drive belt while im checking the tension on my chain. not riding:o

sampleez
06-30-2005, 10:24 PM

that's funny!!! i'd rather shift gears and check my chain than ride a 500 lb piece of kawi $hit!!! and i'd hope a flippin 700 would beat a 400ex.

i'll race ya, even tho i'm just on a lil 450 :o

troutman561
06-30-2005, 11:24 PM
Quote:trick400ex

hahah im a real tuff guy on the internet.. NOt, if i think that, someone please shoot me.. and youll race me.. ooo u are a big man because that settles everything.. and ur 465ex better beat my 400.. but i dont care id race you.. if that helps you get off easier at night then i guess i can be the nice guy and help out..