PDA

View Full Version : A-arm/Shock ?

300ex-boy
06-25-2005, 08:01 PM
I want to get some +2 a-arms for my 300ex, and when I get those arms, I was wondering if I could use 400ex shocks without causing any problems. Thanks

400exrider707
06-25-2005, 10:16 PM
You could PROBABLY use them, but they wont be correct at all, your better off saving and getting some good aftermarkets.

300ex73
06-27-2005, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by 300ex-boy
I want to get some +2 a-arms for my 300ex, and when I get those arms, I was wondering if I could use 400ex shocks without causing any problems. Thanks

I'd advise against it. It may work, it may not. Some people say that it works alright if you use 400EX shocks. But I'd rather not waste my time or money doing something like that.

If you're just wanting more suspension travel, get some +2's, maybe even some +3's. Then get some Elka piggybacks with compression only, that are designed for the 300EX. That should give you anywhere between 2 to 3 inches more wheel travel, maybe even slightly more.

But if you're just wanting the most wheel travel you can get, then save up your cash and get the same setup that I have listed below, or something very similar. Maybe change the Elkas to Works.

Also, I know this is a long shot, but you may see if it would be possible to have a set of stock 450R shocks rebuilt to work with the LT arms. I'd be willing to bet if you sent them to the right place, you could get back a pretty good set of shocks, for less than new custom ones. But like I said, that'd be a long shot. If you wanted to find out if it could be done, then just start asking some of the companies that can do a good rebuild on shocks. I'd personally ask DeRisi first, or prolly C&D.

If you did decide to check into that, make sure to post what you find out, so that possibly other members could consider getting the same or a similar type upgrade, assuming that the shocks could be redone to work correctly.