PDA

View Full Version : do these coolers help?

YFZ450Ridr
06-25-2005, 04:05 PM
ive been seeing these coolers on ebay more and more for a while now and was wondering if they help any?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43971&item=4558070220&rd=1

06-25-2005, 04:13 PM
no they are a worthless peice of crap if you have over heating problems try runing all radiator fluid with no water if that doesnt help use a highr perssure radiator cap if it still doesnt work get new airscoops ;)

YFZ450Ridr
06-25-2005, 04:40 PM
i dont have an over heating problem, i was just wondering if itd help my engine run a little cooler. but i plan on getting some new scoops any way, i like the look of them. thanks for the info.

deathman53
06-25-2005, 05:08 PM
I'm not sure if they work, I have a 20 fin one on my atc250r, you are supposed to put them on the line coming out of the motor 8-10 inches away. my bike with a 310pv runs at about 190 with the stock radiators. I also have one of them pro-design ones on the line coming out of the radiator(those are without a doubt useless). If you have a serios overheating problem you have either a air leak on the intake, obtruction infront of the radiator, clogged raditor and/or old coolant. I had a overheating problem and I put in new engine ice and the temp dropped 20 degrees. Before you waste your money on them, buy engine ice, water wetter etc, and if that doesn't solve the problem start looking at the motor, and if nothing is wrong in the motor get a aftermarket radiator.

Derag2
06-25-2005, 06:32 PM
straight antifreeze is not a good thing to run.......... for one it doesn't cool as well when it straight, and the antifreeze can accually eat away at things such as waterpumps and coolant passages.....

Prey
06-25-2005, 07:18 PM
what derag said plus striaght anti-freeze will actually make your bike run hotter than say a 50/50 mix (distilled water) if you are in a hotter territory, you can mix the water even stronger without having to worry about it freezing in tha radiator. who ever says you should run striaght anti-freeze either lives in antarctica or doesnt know what they are talking about. call any reputable builder and they will tell you the same thing

I run 2 of those in-line coolers on each of my bikes, they have made a huge difference as i was having some overheating problems

only difference is that i ran the 25 fin

like this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43977&item=4557963156&rd=1