PDA

View Full Version : wheel spacers

redexrider4290
06-25-2005, 04:03 PM
i have a 2003 250ex and i put an HMF full system , rejeted,air box lid removed,and cut the fenders, now i want to make it wider and more stable there is no way i can offorcd a-arms or an axle so i was thinking about geting wheelspacers

do they work good, are they hard to install, how big would i have to get them to really feel a big diference in stability, would i have to get both front and back for them to help, where can i get them

i know thats alot of questions but i like to research something before i buy it, Thats wat i did with my pipe and im very happy

before everyone tells me to save my money and get another quad i have a recon and a 400ex also and i think i like the 250 the best, the 400 is fun but i think its just a little to big for me\

any answers will be help,thanks

06-25-2005, 04:17 PM
i would go ahead and get some spacers no you dont have to get the freont and rear at the same time but just be creafull when doing jumps because its alot eaiser to bend an axle with those

redexrider4290
06-25-2005, 04:25 PM
thanks
i dont jump that big of jumps really

how big do you think they would have to be to notice a difference like would 1inch each in the front and 2inch each in the back make a big difference

i want to get the biggest ones i can

06-25-2005, 04:49 PM
the bigger you go the more risk you take i think an inch and a half is about right but ive never used ne spacers b4 so i dunno

redexrider4290
06-25-2005, 04:53 PM
5 inch universal atv wheel spacers

To order online click on the order tab at the bottom of this page.

Our 5" atv wheel spacers widen the wheel base of your atv by a total of 5" (2.5" per side). Widening your wheel base too far can add extra stress to stock axles during hard jumping and can bend the axle , for this reason we suggest you use shorter spacers if you will be jumping hard.
Comes with a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY through CRJ Performance.

does that sound good or should i go with the 3 inch they arent the kind that are all one piece they are all separate and just screw on to your stock hub studs like they make them wider

blastereatin250
06-27-2005, 01:19 PM
you can get wheel spacers at www.moto-man.com

redexrider4290
06-29-2005, 08:31 AM
i have a 400ex also and i like the stability of it would widing my 250ex by 3 inches give me as much stability as a 400ex

or will widing it 3 inches make it as wide as a 400ex

redexrider4290
06-29-2005, 09:00 AM
i looked at moto-man and those wheelspacers seemed to expensive is anyone cna look at the ones on this site and tell me if they look good i would really apreiciate it

http://www.iola.com/business/crjperformance.html

thanks

redexrider4290
07-06-2005, 03:45 PM
can someone PLEASE answer me i dont want to sound like a winy brat or anything i just want to know wat im buyin before i spend the money on it i don't want to waiste my money on junk that aint gona work or end up bending an axle from getting some that are to big

so if someone could give me some info i would be very thankful

kyleschonert
07-06-2005, 07:44 PM
be looking on ebay, im about to put on some front spacers off of my 250EX that were then used on my 300EX. They are clean looking, but the end of the bolts are a little nasty lookin, but it doesnt affect performance at all. They are durablue graphlites, so you have to remove the stock wheel studs. Its not a hard procedure at all, just boring as hell. These are plus 1.5" to each side. And yes, wheel spacers do make it easier to bend an axle, but my friend raced hard mx on his 300EX for about 2-3 years with spacers on the rear and it took him that long to break it, and he broke it on a track in nebo, kentucky hittin like 25 foot doubles. So you should be fine.

redexrider4290
07-08-2005, 07:13 PM
oh the biggest jumps i hit are like 10 foot doubles

and wat if i put on 2.5 inch on each side do you think that would make my axle to week to jump like 7 foot doubles with a real steep landing(makes it pretty smooth) because thats really the only jump i jump often (dont have many)

thanks

YFZ450Ridr
07-08-2005, 10:06 PM
i wouldnt get wheel spacers on the back, they dont really do a whole bunch if you have some on the front.i had 3 inch spacers on mine, 1.5 inches on each side. they were the kind that screwed onto the stock studs on the hubs and i had no complaints when i had them on my 250. highest i jumped with them is like 4 feet up give or take. i wouldnt go to much higher than that because its a hole lot more stress on the front end.

i dont know if id get the durablue ones i dont like how they install. i had the metal ones that screw onto the studs and had a lifetime warrenty on them. i noticed a great deal in stability with my 250ex and it was just right when it was 3 inches wider. you could probablly get some on the back but i dont see how it would help like a hole lot, but they would help make it real stable but also the wider you go the more you run the risk of breaking something. i liked mine how it was with just the front wheel spacers, i didnt want the back ones because i trail ride and had no need to go wider. heres where i got my spacers, from the company CRJ performance, they have ebay auctions and go for 65 bucks for a 3 inch set and they will fit your 250. hope i helped.

http://www.crjperformance.com/

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4560968000&category=43983&sspagename=WDVW

blastereatin250
07-08-2005, 10:32 PM
If I get spacers on only the front, ride mainly on trails, with an occasional 10 foot double, do you think it will be too much stress on my front end? I was looking at 1.5 on each side.

YFZ450Ridr
07-08-2005, 10:36 PM
shouldnt be, i landed this on flat ground about 30 times the weekend i went, nothing bent broken or damaged.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dirtwheels350@sbcglobal.net/detail?.dir=d158&.dnm=3d4b.jpg&.src=ph

redexrider4290
07-11-2005, 05:55 PM
yeah but i think if i put them only in the front it will look pretty gay and i don;t like how close the back tires are so i think i will just put em on both

400exrider707
07-11-2005, 09:40 PM
Personally I would just stay clear of wheel spacers.........:ermm: