PDA

View Full Version : nitro r/c cars

redlineranger
06-25-2005, 08:59 AM
does any1 have one of these.... i did one of these threads along time ago but only got 1 reply... anyways i have a team associated nitro tc3.... wut kind of mods do u have on urs if your have a r/c car..... im about to buy a new os.12tz motor, a 2 speed, and a stinger pipe.... oh also if any1 has this motor in there car or knows anybody that does, hows the reliability and speed that it gives, thanks

insaneracin2003
06-25-2005, 09:03 AM
my bro runs nitro sedans in the midwest series,go here
http://rds.yahoo.com/S=2766679/K=leisurehoursraceway.com/v=2/SID=e/TID=F567_224/l=WS1/R=7/DUI=1/QT=dq/IPC=us/SHE=0/H=0/;_ylt=AqAmbFlhP7sKjWg3MgU12ulXNyoA/SIG=122cns2gs/EXP=1119798634/*-http%3A//www.leisurehoursraceway.com/nitro04.htm

insaneracin2003
06-25-2005, 09:04 AM
they have a forum and can help you out....

blaster_rider68
06-25-2005, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by redlineranger
does any1 have one of these.... i did one of these threads along time ago but only got 1 reply... anyways i have a team associated nitro tc3.... wut kind of mods do u have on urs if your have a r/c car..... im about to buy a new os.12tz motor, a 2 speed, and a stinger pipe.... oh also if any1 has this motor in there car or knows anybody that does, hows the reliability and speed that it gives, thanks

i have the nitro tc3...........i have a pipe,suspension,2 spd tranny,new fly wheel,rims/tires,lexus body...........try to post some pics later

redlineranger
06-25-2005, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by blaster_rider68
i have the nitro tc3...........i have a pipe,suspension,2 spd tranny,new fly wheel,rims/tires,lexus body...........try to post some pics later

kool what kinda motor u runnin? stock or aftermarket?...... mine is a major POS right now i have it all took apart.... the motor is locked up and i cant get it undone, and its worn out....... i get paid 100 dollars tomorrow tho from my job and i'll have around 500 dollars and im gone drop bout 330 into the car... yea post pics if you dont mind.... if knew how i would but i cant figure it out

redlineranger
06-25-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by insaneracin2003
my bro runs nitro sedans in the midwest series,go here
http://rds.yahoo.com/S=2766679/K=leisurehoursraceway.com/v=2/SID=e/TID=F567_224/l=WS1/R=7/DUI=1/QT=dq/IPC=us/SHE=0/H=0/;_ylt=AqAmbFlhP7sKjWg3MgU12ulXNyoA/SIG=122cns2gs/EXP=1119798634/*-http%3A//www.leisurehoursraceway.com/nitro04.htm

hey if you dont mind ask him if he has heard about the OS .12TZ.... like the speed and reliability of it, thanks

blaster_rider68
06-25-2005, 04:48 PM
kool what kinda motor u runnin? stock or aftermarket?...... mine is a major POS right now i have it all took apart.... the motor is locked up and i cant get it undone, and its worn out....... i get paid 100 dollars tomorrow tho from my job and i'll have around 500 dollars and im gone drop bout 330 into the car... yea post pics if you dont mind.... if knew how i would but i cant figure it out

im running stock motor rite now.........when i get some money im gonna getta .15,but it mite have to come sooner than i thought because my stocker is starting to wear out:ermm:

Woodsrider
06-25-2005, 05:10 PM
Ive got a HPI Savage. Just put it away as a matter of fact. Its mostly stock though. I like the monster trucks, great for bashin' and with a couple of suspension mods to lower it, there a blast to race on the track too. It gives me something to do when I cant go ride.

06-25-2005, 05:37 PM
Look for Fantom motor and drop it in there... I have 2 if your interested.

You wount find a better .15 with this HP and RPM.
http://www.fantomracing.com/catalog/index.php?prod_id=375

Broke 65mph with this motor in my Traxxas Nitro Rustler about 4 years ago.

redlineranger
06-25-2005, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by DierWolf
Look for Fantom motor and drop it in there... I have 2 if your interested.

You wount find a better .15 with this HP and RPM.
http://www.fantomracing.com/catalog/index.php?prod_id=375

Broke 65mph with this motor in my Traxxas Nitro Rustler about 4 years ago.

how much does that motor cost??.. if its more than 200 im not buyin it..... im buyin the best motor under 200 dollars(os. 12tz, or at least the hobby shop is tellin me its the best) its only 185...... im buyin a motor, 2 speed, pipe, rims and tires, and maybe some carbon fiber from factory team...... so i cant spend over 200 on a motor if i want that other stuff

06-25-2005, 08:07 PM
Every hobby shop will say OS is better, anything OS is better to them.... go down to a track and let the pro's tell you wants good and whats not.

You cant compare OS to the Fantom AT ALL! when i bought my fantom when they first came out they were 195 bucks, so it must be cheaper by now.

redlineranger
06-25-2005, 08:11 PM
Every hobby shop will say OS is better, anything OS is better to them.... go down to a track and let the pro's tell you wants good and whats not.

You cant compare OS to the Fantom AT ALL! when i bought my fantom when they first came out they were 195 bucks, so it must be cheaper by now.

what size are u runnin..... .12 or .15.... if its that cheap i'll get it cus i have a friend that races monster trucks and cars and he said theres nothin but fantoms at the track in mobile...... post back and tell me reliability, HP, speed, and some other stuff bout the motor if you dont mind

250-R-250
06-25-2005, 08:21 PM
My old savage, had a .27 damn those things cost alot....http://usera.imagecave.com/Kane/KanesSavagewhenboughtmach.jpg

redlineranger
06-25-2005, 08:26 PM
yes man there expensive as hell and for me when somthin breaks the hobby shop is 50 miles away so i have to wait for the weekend to go get new parts.... its sux:mad:

06-25-2005, 08:30 PM
The link i sent you has all the information on HP and RPM.

Feel free to compare it to the OS 12 if you can even find specs on the OS but i guarantee you, if your running against anything else you will loose provided your driving skills are up to par.

Maybe you should start with an OS :) coz the car will go crazy if you dont know what your doing with the fantom.

Its very reliable, never had a problem at all.

Your pipe is another major factor, good engine with crappy pipe = crappy performance... i used CVEC self Adjusting pipe... again expensive but you wount find anything better out there. Im sure you know how 2 stroke works, pipes are designed either for low, mid or high rpm ranges, CVEC gives you all three becuase it self adjusts itself at different rpm's

06-25-2005, 08:49 PM
PS R/C cars are boring :)

Here is where the funs at in Nitro and Gas 2 stroke.

http://www.island-designs.com/pictures/dier11.jpg

From left to right

25.6cc 36 inch Cat Hull = 63.8mph
35cc 42 inch Cat Hull = 74.3mph
23cc 36 inch Cat Hull = 58mph
25.6cc 42 inch Rigger Hull = 82mph

All with 30+ foot long roostertails towering over 15 feet high and turning on a dime.

Thats what i call fun.

http://www.island-designs.com/pictures/gasaholiclogo.gif

redlineranger
06-25-2005, 10:23 PM
those boats are bad..... cars arent boring if you race(with friends or a real on road race), but now days monster trucks are dominating everything... ima have to get one so i can run over my friends cars:o

06-25-2005, 10:27 PM
Nahh its boring :) did it for many years racing.

If you heart and legs aint shaking and pounding after you bring it in because at any minute 1200 bucks will be 20 feet underwater then its boring.

I mean comeon, what can happen with a car? break an a-arm over a jump or burn out a spur gear?

redlineranger
06-25-2005, 10:34 PM
Nahh its boring :) did it for many years racing.

If you heart and legs aint shaking and pounding after you bring it in because at any minute 1200 bucks will be 20 feet underwater then its boring.

I mean comeon, what can happen with a car? break an a-arm over a jump or burn out a spur gear?

yes that can happen and its gettin way to expensive(especially if you race and that happens like every race).... i couldnt count how many spur gears ive burnt out..... im sure that r/c boats are fun tho i watch em' on tv alot i seen one do 130.7 mph...... i wus like :eek: .... but i couldnt see my self riskin 1200 bucks on a boat knowin that it could go down in no time

06-25-2005, 10:46 PM
Thats the fun part, all the variables involved in boats, getting it to run on the water just right at the peak of blowing over but not blowing over :)

Only so much you can do with r/c cars, just gets boring after a while, i got 2 fully modded T-Maxxes here amoung other things collecting dust, hell i got about 9 engines sitting right next to me LOL all from .12's to 1.0's

redlineranger
06-25-2005, 10:54 PM
Thats the fun part, all the variables involved in boats, getting it to run on the water just right at the peak of blowing over but not blowing over :)

Only so much you can do with r/c cars, just gets boring after a while, i got 2 fully modded T-Maxxes here amoung other things collecting dust, hell i got about 9 engines sitting right next to me LOL all from .12's to 1.0's

yea i take it that Radio Control stuff is your main hobby... u got a good 5 grand into r/c dont ya... me i have like 500..... a stock nitro tc3(piece of crap as we speak,sittin here beside me all torn apart), and about 100 dollars worth of pull starts seein as they break way to much

06-26-2005, 08:56 AM
5000 i wish, much more than that.

1 engine there in one of the boats (Quickdraw 25cc Racing 2 Stroke (regular gas not nitro) is $1150 bucks

One hull is a good 250 bucks
Rudder, etc etc etc for a very good one with low drag is 140 bucks or so, fuel tank, tuned pipe, water pickups, professionally sharpened and balanced prop...

One boat there is about 2k all together, and thats just 4 i have shown you.

Yes R/C boats is my main hobby, anything 2 stroke is what i do, were i am at we race them for money, so having a very fast and stable boat costs money but you make that money back quite quickly.

I dont consider it a hobby i consider it a sport, these things will never see water unless there is a good prize up for grabs or if im tuning it for a race.

trick250r
06-26-2005, 03:34 PM
I got a T-MAXX 1.5 and a 2.5. Never could get the 2.5 to run as good as the 1.5 though. I dont remember what all we put on 'em its been so long since I've run mine. I tried racing but its not really that inteesting to me. Thats why I run MX.

Hon300ex
06-26-2005, 05:42 PM
i was gonna get a nitro rc10gt but then evryone told me how they are a money pit and they get boring [nitro cars in general not that specific model].... what do u guys think? do u still use yours? or if you could do it all over again u wouldnt have spent the money?

06-26-2005, 05:53 PM
Nope gets too boring to fast and only so much you can do to it.

Hon300ex
06-26-2005, 07:42 PM
what r some good nitro rc forums?

watts16
06-26-2005, 08:36 PM
www.rcnitrotalk.com

o and i got a Mugen MBX-5 big money pit

KWAD GAWD
06-27-2005, 08:38 AM
The 4x4 monster trucks are the best. I've raced probably 12 times in the past two years, and I love it. You have to be a very good driver to race, it's hard. It's not like buzzing around the local dirt field, the track is only 5 ft. wide in some spots and you're like 80 feet away from your car. Thr Traxxas REVO is the best on the market now. The Savage trucks are all pretty good, and Losi makes a new one too that's really fast. You'll be spending $600 if you want a good one. I'll sell you my 2003 Traxxas TMAXX 2.5 for $250 for everything you'll need except fuel. It's race ready. It goes about 40 mph. Email me: barillms@hotmail.com

redlineranger
06-27-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by KWAD GAWD
The 4x4 monster trucks are the best. I've raced probably 12 times in the past two years, and I love it. You have to be a very good driver to race, it's hard. It's not like buzzing around the local dirt field, the track is only 5 ft. wide in some spots and you're like 80 feet away from your car. Thr Traxxas REVO is the best on the market now. The Savage trucks are all pretty good, and Losi makes a new one too that's really fast. You'll be spending $600 if you want a good one. I'll sell you my 2003 Traxxas TMAXX 2.5 for $250 for everything you'll need except fuel. It's race ready. It goes about 40 mph. Email me: barillms@hotmail.com

hey thanks but no thanks..... im into the on road cars right now...... but i want to buy a savage 25 just to bash around with... oh and if i get the savage im takin the .25 out and puttin the .46 in it... with the 3 speed transmission HPI just made that thing will haul

Woodsrider
06-28-2005, 10:46 AM
hey thanks but no thanks..... im into the on road cars right now...... but i want to buy a savage 25 just to bash around with... oh and if i get the savage im takin the .25 out and puttin the .46 in it... with the 3 speed transmission HPI just made that thing will haul

Why buy a Savage 25 if your just going to put the 46 in it? If you do that your going to break a box full of parts. The Savage 46 comes with all the beefed up parts to handle the extra power from the bigger motor. Like the four gear differentials, and heavy duty dogbones. It also comes with a few performance parts, like a better filter and pipe.The 46 kit is only about $50 more than the 25 rtr. But to be honest with you, if all your going to use it for is bashing, the S25 is all the truck you need. The bigger the power the longer the list of broken parts.
A buddy of mine has the 46 Savage, and he cant keep the tires glued to the rims. Hes looking at bead locks for it now!

RytM1
06-28-2005, 12:43 PM
www.sgrid.com

Click on the "free conferences" link, and you can get into an appropriate forum.

I've been racing 1/8-scale nitro buggies since November. Started with a Kyosho Kanai-3, and recently switched over to a Thunder Tiger EB4-S3. They are money pits, but they don't get boring.