PDA

View Full Version : Recon goin bad

redlineranger
06-25-2005, 08:50 AM
anybody have an idea what this noise my recon is making?....... its a bad whining noise inside the motor..... sounds like a turbo on a f250.... ive checked the oil and its fine, but the noise will make u grit ur teeth:scary: ..... oh and i think the transmission is goin out to cus it gettin hard to shift.... its goin in the shop this comin friday, but i just wanted to see if any1 had and idea of what it wus

2004400exa
06-26-2005, 01:40 PM
Hey About that recon my buddy had one and what it was for him was that it was the centrifical (spelled wrong who cares) clutch that went bad and then one day while he was riding home from my house the cent. clutch flew apart. Cutting the oil pump chain starving the engine of oil and causing the connecting rod bearing to freeze up. The Honda dealer said that is was probably because he always held up on the shift lever to make the transmission think that it is in neutral and then letting go to pop a wheelie.

redlineranger
06-26-2005, 02:46 PM
mine is a ES(elctric shift if you didnt know), and it always locks up in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd..... POS if u ask me(the ES tranny).... but its real hard to shift now and the motor is makin a god awful noise:scary: