PDA

View Full Version : I need some help!

EX Fanatic
05-28-2002, 01:52 PM
I want to turn my front wheels inside out to give my quad more width. I measured it with them normal and with them flipped and I get about 5" extra width with them flipped. However, I got a problem. The valve stems rub against the brakes when the wheel turns. I think I read that I have to drill another hole in the rim. Is that correct? I also have been told that they make plugs for the previous valve stem hole. Where can I get some? Thanks alot!!! ;):)

Texan32
05-28-2002, 01:59 PM
You don't need a plug. All you need is to pull out the valve stem and put another in backwards. 5 psi isn't enough to push in the valve core and let air out. It also gives you the option to turn the wheels back around if needed.

EX Fanatic
05-28-2002, 04:09 PM
Ok, but do I still have to drill another hole for the valve stem or am I not understanding you right?

cdalejef
05-28-2002, 05:46 PM
You would have to install another valve stem. Reversing your front rims on a Honda isn't a very good idea. You will put more stress on your tie rods and you will have bump steer. Also the wheel won't be centered on the hub because your tapered lug nut holes will be on the wrong.

Blake24
05-28-2002, 08:54 PM
what he said...lol...... ^^^^^^

Leo
05-28-2002, 09:06 PM
you'll have to drill a hole for the valvestem on the current 'inside' of the wheel...

and install a valvestem backwards where the current valvestem is located...

and knock the metal washers out of the wheels (where the lug nuts ride) and pop them back in the other side...

then you'll have to go through it all again to put it back to stock after you catch a rut/berm and rip the bars out of your hands a few times :D

Leo

EX Fanatic
05-29-2002, 10:08 AM
Maybe I won't switch now after reading what Jeff said!! I just thought it would be a cheaper way to get some more width rather than paying all that dough for some wider a-arms!!!! Thanks for all the info anyway!!! ;):)

EX Fanatic
05-29-2002, 10:10 AM
I forgot!! I was wondering what bump steer is? Thanks again!!!